The Nexus One is going to get an OTA update for Gingerbread version 2.3.4. It doesn't get the Google Video Chat feature, because obviously it doesn't have a front facing camera, but it still gets numerous bug and performance fixes. Here's some instructions to do the update manually if you are impatient:
- Download the update from the source link
- Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you’re using Windows, just rename it to “update” (no quotes, of course) because it’s already a zipped file.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
- With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
- You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
- On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
- Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
- Now (using the trackball this time) choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course.
Download Source link: Android 2.3.4 for Nexus One