Android@Home Teams with 'Lighting Science' for Home Integration; Bulbs Demoed

This is a discussion on Android@Home Teams with 'Lighting Science' for Home Integration; Bulbs Demoed within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Yesterday, one of the interesting things to come out of the first day of Google's I/O Conference was that 'Andy' is getting into the Home ...

Thread: Android@Home Teams with 'Lighting Science' for Home Integration; Bulbs Demoed

Android@Home Teams with 'Lighting Science' for Home Integration; Bulbs Demoed

Yesterday, one of the interesting things to come out of the first day of Google's I/O Conference was that 'Andy' is getting into the Home Integration game in a big way. One of the companies that has teamed up with Google to bring about a "Jetsons" home of the future, is called 'Light Science'. They recently demoed their first of many products from this collaboration, and it is an Android-powered remote controlled light bulb. The bulb will probably retail around $30 bucks and a WiFi-to-900MHz adapter will be necessary.

Here's a quote from the Engadget article that gives some more details,
    From Lighting Science alone, you'll soon see a light switch, security lamp and a regular wall wart on sale to handle the transfers. In other words, you can pick up a dirt-cheap plug, toss it in your guest room, and immediately give your Nexus One the ability to dictate Android @ Home products. Not too shabby, but what does this mean for the broader industry?

The company's expecting to have this bulb on sale by the year's end, and it'll be announcing five additional Android-friendly products next week -- those include a step light, security light and a few other bulb form factors. Naturally, representatives seemed optimistic that the rest of its product line could be outfitted with 900MHz transceivers (which are barely larger than a quarter) in no time flat.
    Pretty soon we will all be able to turn our "castle" into an automated system that we control with our TBolt or Droid. Pretty slick huh?

Source: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Interesting to say the very least. I find this intriguing because they sell x10 modules that power on anything plugged into them and your PC controls it. There's a software program that can turn on your AC before you get home or a motion light turn on your house lights when you pull into the garage. Heck if I had the time I would write the app to control these x10 modules. Yes it is slick.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 05-11-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links