T-Mobile Announces its New Monthly4G Plans with No Contract

This is a discussion on T-Mobile Announces its New Monthly4G Plans with No Contract within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; T-Mobile's new Monthly4G No Annual Contract plans just became available May 22. Here's a quote from their online release, linked below, sharing the details, With ...

Thread: T-Mobile Announces its New Monthly4G Plans with No Contract

T-Mobile Announces its New Monthly4G Plans with No Contract

T-Mobile's new Monthly4G No Annual Contract plans just became available May 22. Here's a quote from their online release, linked below, sharing the details,
    With Monthly4G plans, customers can enjoy unlimited Talk, unlimited Text and unlimited Web service on their smartphone from T-Mobile. Monthly4G plans start at $50 per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text and unlimited Web with the first 100 MB of data at up to 4G speeds, or $70 per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text and unlimited Web with the first 5 GB of data at up to 4G speeds*.

In addition to the Monthly4G No Annual Contract plans, which became available May 22,
    T-Mobile continues to offer a 1500 Talk and Text plan with 30 MB of data for $30 per month, as well as Pay As You Go plans for as low as 10¢ per minute for voice calls. To find the T-Mobile plan that best fits their needs, customers can visit t-mobile.com.

* Monthly4G plans provide access to wireless service for 30 days; capable device required to achieve 4G speeds. After high-speed allotment is used, speeds slowed for remainder of month. T-Mobile’s HSPA+ 4G network not available everywhere. See coverage details at T-Mobile.com.
    Hmmm... not to be a "humbug" but how can you call it an "Unlimited" plan when you have data throttling over a certain "capped" amount. I guess technically, the amount of data you can download will be unlimited, but it seems like you would hit either one of those data caps really quick. Still, there is some value to these plans... the no contract option is pretty attractive. What do you guys think?

Source: T-Mobile Online News Room

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I guess the big thing they're hoping would sell this plan is the No Contract aspect... I've got a Thunderbolt (with LTE, not just 4G ), I believe the usual 2-year with VZW is $15 for unlimited in-network talk & text, and $30 unlimited Data (I believe I have that right)... And with them doing away with Tiered data, makes me think locking in to a 2yr contract with unlimited is a better deal... all IMO tho, some people are 100% against contracts and will see this differently than me.

I am a T-Mobile customer. The no contract is cool but, there's no saving of your phone prices. I would like to point out two things however. First of all no contract means if they want they can change price and customers have to except the price. Second is the fact of unlimited data is throttled after a set amount. I agree that it's not true unlimited but, their 3G is faster than most other carrier's average data speeds. At this time.
    I just dislike the twisting of words on their part.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links