Google+ Invites Now Possible, Not Officially

This is a discussion on Google+ Invites Now Possible, Not Officially within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Yesterday Google+ was launched as a beta, but now it seems there’s a way to give your friends a try with Google not knowing. The ...

Thread: Google+ Invites Now Possible, Not Officially

Google+ Invites Now Possible, Not Officially

Yesterday Google+ was launched as a beta, but now it seems there’s a way to give your friends a try with Google not knowing. The trick was discovered earlier today by a few websites, and we thought we should share it with you.
    Here is the direct quote from the source:

Officially, Google+ users still have no way to invite other people. Unofficially, it appears they can.

Big credit here to Jennifer 8. Lee, who I noticed tweeting today about how she’d sent out hundreds of invites. I thought that was odd, since Google said there are no invites available.
    Scott Karp told me that yes, one of the invites he’d gotten from Lee worked. So what’s up?
    Google+ allows you to share content with anyone who has an email address, even if they aren’t in Google Plus itself. If you do this, that person receives a copy of what you shared.

For example, I shared a post called “test” to myself, using an alternative email address. Here’s what arrived:

When I clicked on that “Learn more about Google+” button, I was taken to a page where I was invited to sign-up for Google+ using this alternative address.
    In short, if anyone sends something out of Google+ to those not already in it, it appears Google is letting some of those people in.
    Why do it this way, rather than give out invites? For one, I suppose it helps ease some of the pressure off those already in. If they’re sharing with people they already have in their contact lists, then perhaps Google feels they’ll be more engaged than if people are just handing out invites to those who ask directly.
    Lee has more tips on how those in the program can invite others, appropriately enough, in a Google+ post here.
    Last edited by dgstorm; 06-30-2011 at 11:22 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links