AT&T/T-Mobile Merger Deal Opposed by Public Interest Groups in Letter to FCC

This is a discussion on AT&T/T-Mobile Merger Deal Opposed by Public Interest Groups in Letter to FCC within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; A number of public interest advocacy groups have recently written a letter to the FCC in opposition to the proposed AT&T and T-Mobile merger. Some ...

View Poll Results: What do you think of the AT&T/T-Mobile Proposed Merger? Is it good, bad, or neither?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • The AT&T/T-Mobile Merger is a good thing for consumers, and will create jobs.

0 0%
  • The AT&T/T-Mobile Merger is a bad thing for consumers, will reduce jobs, & stifle innovation.

4 100.00%
  • The deal is neither good nor bad... i like to take a Zen approach to things.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: AT&T/T-Mobile Merger Deal Opposed by Public Interest Groups in Letter to FCC

AT&T/T-Mobile Merger Deal Opposed by Public Interest Groups in Letter to FCC

A number of public interest advocacy groups have recently written a letter to the FCC in opposition to the proposed AT&T and T-Mobile merger. Some of the groups that signed the letter include the Consumers Union, Public Knowledge, the Open Technology Initiative of the New America Foundation, the National Hispanic Media Coalition, Future of Music Coalition, Media Access Project, and the Free Press. Their letter requests FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski to “convene a series of field hearings around the country to hear from the people who could be most affected by the merger of AT&T and T-Mobile.” The letter further points out that the advocacy groups believe the acquisition would give AT&T control of nearly 80% of the U.S. wireless market and that, “prices would rise, jobs would be lost, and innovation would suffer.” The letter also indicated the merger is a "matter of great public concern" and that the FCC should hold the hearings before September to solicit more comment from the public and engage with consumers. "If approved, the merger would have serious repercussions around the country. The commission should not consider this merger without seeking direct input from those most impacted."

Let's hear from you guys. Do you think this merger is a good thing, a bad thing, or neither?

Source: BGR and Advocacy Group Letter .pdf

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is the first I've heard of this and it makes me sick. I have been with tmobile for 2 years and while coverage in my state is not the greatest they are still a far better carrier than at&t and their plans and prices are pretty fair and customer service is really excellent. I've also had at&t in the past and was quite disappointed with...well everything. If this passes then a good company will be destroyed and we will be left with the money hungry giant that doesn't give a rats ass about the people that matter most - the customers. Let's hope for the best.

CM7 G2

I've said before that AT&T could add just as much coverage by spending the $39 billion on their own infrastructure, rather than buying up someone else's. I'm tired of corporations being allowed to become "too big to fail"...that mentality has raped us once, and it will do so again if allowed to continue. This is the place to draw the line in the sand. Deny the merger. PLEASE, deny the merger.

hehe...don't get me started.

I won't comment.

Twitter
    alostpacket
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    I won't comment.
    d0h I really do appreciate your comments by the way. I know you and I disagree on a quite few things, but I have always found yer comments very intelligent and thought provoking (havent refreshed the page in a day or two appologies if coment is way outdated)

I understand your wanting to read my thoughts I type, this one I am just going to sit back and bite my tongue.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links