AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan

This is a discussion on AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; As you can see in the pic above, AT&T has decided to do away with all of their different tiers of SMS Text messaging plans ...

Thread: AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan

AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan

As you can see in the pic above, AT&T has decided to do away with all of their different tiers of SMS Text messaging plans except for one. They will only keep the $20 dollar unlimited plan from now on. This has been confirmed by an AT&T representative and here is the quote,
    "We regularly evaluate our offers and are making some adjustments to our messaging lineup.

Starting August 21, we're streamlining our text messaging plans for new customers and will offer an unlimited plan for individuals for $20 per month and an unlimited plan for families of up to five lines for $30 per month. The vast majority of our messaging customers prefer unlimited plans and with text messaging growth stronger than ever, that number continues to climb among new customers. Existing customers don't have to change any messaging plan they have today, even when changing handsets."
    I guess for the few users in the world that rarely text message this is bad news, but my guess is that the vast majority of folks out there won't even notice this. What do you guys think?

Source: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here come the high teenager cell phone bills if parents do not opt for the unlimited text plans.

It's a good thing that my $10.00 messaging plan (1,000 messages) will be grandfathered in because I rarely even use 200 messages a month but paying for each individual message would be too much $$ and who knows, my messages may increase a bit but I don't think I'll ever get up to 1,000 let alone unlimited.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Well, we know what makes money. Texting is free for them to provide and they demand $20/month for it. Meanwhile they canned the unlimited data in favor of one tier and wallet-reaming. Funny? Not really.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links