Sprint Sues To Stop AT&T&T-mobile Deal, AT&T Replies

This is a discussion on Sprint Sues To Stop AT&T&T-mobile Deal, AT&T Replies within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Its clear that Sprint is working hard to stay alive by stopping AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-mobile, and today they went a step further. Today, ...

Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Sprint Sues To Stop AT&T&T-mobile Deal, AT&T Replies

  1. #1
    Android Enthusiast WenWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    347
    Thanked
    6 times

    Sprint Sues To Stop AT&T&T-mobile Deal, AT&T Replies

    Its clear that Sprint is working hard to stay alive by stopping AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-mobile, and today they went a step further. Today, Tuesday September 6th, Sprint filed a suit against the impending merger. This lawsuit is Sprint's attempt to slow down or stop T-mobile from being eaten up by AT&T.

    If this deal goes through, AT&T and Verizon will control over 90% of all wireless profits in the nation, and that's a near monopoly situation. The remaining 10% would include all the smaller carriers as well as Sprint; they do not want that to happen.

    AT&T responded to the lawsuit in a rather spiteful way. They claim sprint is only worried about their own survival, and are trying to keep a deal, that would be best for consumers, from happening.

    This simply demonstrates what weíve said all along Ė Sprint is more interested in protecting itself than it is in promoting competition that benefits consumers. We of course will vigorously contest this matter in court as AT&Tís merger with T-Mobile USA will: help solve our nationís spectrum exhaust situation and improve wireless service for millions; allow AT&T to expand 4G LTE mobile broadband to another 55 million Americans, or 97% of the population; and result in billions of additional investment and tens of thousands of jobs, at a time when our nation needs them most.
    Via: BGR (Sprint), BGR (AT&T)
    Last edited by dgstorm; 09-07-2011 at 09:28 AM.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 01:14 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:11 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:56 AM
  5. Official Sprint Nexus S 4G Best Buy Exclusive Deal
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Android Forum