iPhone's Are Not That Cool Anymore

This is a discussion on iPhone's Are Not That Cool Anymore within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; After a trip to his daughter's college campus, an HTC exec had a revelation about one of the most popular phones in the market. He ...

Thread: iPhone's Are Not That Cool Anymore

iPhone's Are Not That Cool Anymore

After a trip to his daughter's college campus, an HTC exec had a revelation about one of the most popular phones in the market. He left the campus with the impression that "iPhone's aren't that cool anymore." This impression came as most of the students that resided in the dorms had HTC, Samsung, and other Android phones, but very few walked around with iPhones.

The fact is, iPhones are not cheap, and not every college student can afford paying $700 for an unlocked device. Nevertheless, here is the exact quote from his statement.

"Apple is innovating. Samsung is innovating. We are innovating. Everybody is innovating. And everybody is doing different things for the end consumers. I brought my daughter back to college -- she’s down in Portland at Reed -- and I talked to a few of the kids on her floor. And none of them has an iPhone because they told me: ‘My dad has an iPhone.’ There’s an interesting thing that’s going on in the market. The iPhone becomes a little less cool than it was. They were carrying HTCs. They were carrying Samsungs. They were even carrying some Chinese manufacture’s devices. If you look at a college campus, Mac Book Airs are cool. iPhones are not that cool anymore. We here are using iPhones, but our kids don’t find them that cool anymore."
    If what he is saying is correct, I guess that is why most people I know own Android phones and my grandparents love their iPhone 4... life finally makes a little more sense.

Via: Phandroid
    Last edited by dgstorm; 09-12-2011 at 11:44 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links