Editor in Chief
Samsung Reveals New Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Dual-Core & Honeycomb Sequel
Samsung has officially unveiled their follow-up to the original Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. This one is called the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, and is beefed up quite a bit. The device is now sporting a dual-core 1.2GHz Chip and Honeycomb. Here's a full feature-set:
- 16GB and 32GB varieties
- 1.2GHz dual-core CPU
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb with TouchWiz UI
- Seven-inch LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution.
- Two megapixel front-facing camera,
- Three megapixel camera in back that supports 720p video
- 1GB of RAM
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G with 21Mbps HSPA
- Bluetooth 3.0 and GPS capabilities
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n at both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, along with support for channel bonding and apt-X Codec for Bluetooth
There's no word on pricing yet. We do know that the tab will be available in Indonesia and Austria by the end of October, and rollout Internationally shortly after that. It's interesting that Samsung chose this route considering their new Galaxy Tab 7.7 isn't really that different. Oh well...
Source: GalaxyTabForums.net via Engadget
09-30-2011 12:53 PM