Adobe just released the newest Flash Player 11 and AIR3 last night. There are a host of new features. Here is a list:
- Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering
- Flash Access Content Protection Support for Mobile
- Flash Access Content Protection Enhancements
- Protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- JPEG-XR support
- Enhanced high resolution bitmap support
- High efficiency SWF compression support
- G.711 Audio Compression for Telephony
- DisplayObjectContainer.removeChildren and MovieClip.isPlaying
Unfortunately, mobile devices are missing one of the most important features as Adobe is still working on it. That is the Stage 3D acceleration. This architecture enables hardware-accelerated rendering at 1000x the speed of Flash Player 10, theater-quality HD video, native 64-bit optimizations, and HD video conferencing. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X and connected TVs, but the various mobile OSs like Android, iOS and Blackberry will have to wait a bit while Adobe "cooks" it longer.
We have included a couple of interesting videos that demo the new technical capabilities available in Flash Player 11 and AIR3.
Market Links: Flash 11 / AIR3
Source: AndroidPolice and DroidMatters and Adobe