United States Leads the World in Adoption of 4G LTE Service

This is a discussion on United States Leads the World in Adoption of 4G LTE Service within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; According to recent reports from Pyramid analyst Emily Smith, the U.S. leads the world by a large margin in adoption of 4G LTE service. With ...

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: United States Leads the World in Adoption of 4G LTE Service

  1. #1
    Editor in Chief dgstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,720
    Thanked
    711 times

    United States Leads the World in Adoption of 4G LTE Service


    According to recent reports from Pyramid analyst Emily Smith, the U.S. leads the world by a large margin in adoption of 4G LTE service. With companies like Verizon, MetroPCS, AT&T and Sprint investing heavily into LTE expansion, the data shows that this trend will continue. According to the report, Verizon, AT&T and MetroPCS account for 47% of all global LTE connections in 2011. Compare that to the other 26 carriers world-wide that offer the service holding the other 53% and you can start to see the disparity in adoption rate.


    Furthermore, the U.S. is also leading when it comes to LTE device sales, with 5.4 million units, or 71% of all sales of LTE devices world-wide. Another comparison that the report made was the LTE adoption between Verizon and Japan's NTT DoCoMo. This data shows a huge difference in population coverage. Verizon is projected to have 60% of Americans covered by the end of the year, while DoCoMo aims at a mere 20% by March 2012.

    Source: PhoneArena

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    610
    Thanked
    62 times
    Ah..but there's a fly in the ointment...LTE hasn't been fully approved by the FCC (granted waiver is at risk, thanks to Solyndra and other political fallout): (warning, LONG read)
    Politically-connected LightSquared pushes wireless Internet plan despite GPS concerns | iWatch News

    a
    nd

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightSq..._Investigation
    Last edited by alphawave7; 10-15-2011 at 12:26 AM.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

  4. #3
    Android Sr Member Ollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    176
    Thanked
    8 times
    And American LTE had to be reluctantly inducted to LTE standards due to its slower non-LTE speeds. It's kinda like cheating.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
  4. All states or no states in icons
    By Debian Dog in forum Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 08:00 AM

Search tags for this page

lte adoption veri
,
lte adoption wiki
,
lte service in the world
,

lte trend

,
projected 4g lte coverage
,
united states lte adoption rate
,
us leads lte
,
us leads world in lte
,
us lte adoption verizon
,
verison projected 4g
,

verizon projected 4g coverage

,
when start to lte service in the us
,
when start to lte service in the world
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum