LG Ally Review

This is a discussion on LG Ally Review within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Looks like Engadget got their hands on an LG Ally a bit early and they've done up a review. The review is long and very ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LG Ally Review

LG Ally Review

Looks like Engadget got their hands on an LG Ally a bit early and they've done up a review. The review is long and very detailed and I'll do you a favor and sum it up for you. The price of course of the phone is at a great price point right at the $100 mark. However, they could have done a better job in some areas at that price point and had an even better phone in the end for not much more price (if any). Ultimately the phone gets mixed reviews in nearly all categories and doesn't shine in any particular area.

Click this link for the full review: http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/17/lg-ally-review/

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not a very promising review. I wasn't too concerned with most of their complaints, considering the widgets they didn't like can be changed, and their complaints about the keyboard are the main reason I want the phone. What did bother me was the speed test video, it seemed like it took at least 3 times as long to load the same page as the nexus 1.

Yah the speed is not as impressive as we were hoping since the CPU isn't as fast. However, once some modified ROM's come out it might be much better.

Thx for the link Parashooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Parshooter36 View Post
    Not a very promising review. I wasn't too concerned with most of their complaints, considering the widgets they didn't like can be changed, and their complaints about the keyboard are the main reason I want the phone. What did bother me was the speed test video, it seemed like it took at least 3 times as long to load the same page as the nexus 1.

Well as far as speed is concerned it can only get better. which gives most a better learning curve. Also I've heard so many complaints about AT&T's network it'll be a wash... The tutorial through verizon is very helpful. I am awaiting my ally in the mail(should arrive today). I heard someone mention issues about grouping contacts. I saw a way to solve that through display settings under contacts(read tutorial). Nevermind an app which may help...This is my 1st PDA in 4 yrs-its about time.... I ended up getting the phone free after the rebate so I'm happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelejen View Post
    Well as far as speed is concerned it can only get better. which gives most a better learning curve. Also I've heard so many complaints about AT&T's network it'll be a wash... The tutorial through verizon is very helpful. I am awaiting my ally in the mail(should arrive today). I heard someone mention issues about grouping contacts. I saw a way to solve that through display settings under contacts(read tutorial). Nevermind an app which may help...This is my 1st PDA in 4 yrs-its about time.... I ended up getting the phone free after the rebate so I'm happy about that.

HI,

Yea that display options you mention...the reason why we were griping is because it reverts back to Alphabetical listing no matter what you do

mike david
    Yes I have a lg ally.I'm on it right now.This phone is horrible.My best advice is to save up the extra money and buy a different phone.I was running no apps other than the bare stock ones that are included and it would freeze up so bad that I had to pull the battery out.If you type fast it will jumble up your letters.Its very slow and hasn't gotten any faster.The screen will completely freeze up.It constantly is having to force close.some times it won't even let you select certin items on the internet unless you are completely zoomed in.For some reason it dosent reconize sd cards any more.I'm on my second one now and having the same problems.Its pretty much true lg makes horrible products.I will never buy lg again.I'm fixin to go back to att and put my black berry back in service now that's a phone I never had problems with.

Wish I wouldn't have jumped and been hasty to get this phone. Can't wait for contract to expire.

Bonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by kfied View Post
    Wish I wouldn't have jumped and been hasty to get this phone. Can't wait for contract to expire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links