LG Ally Release Date Pushed Back

This is a discussion on LG Ally Release Date Pushed Back within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; I understand your frustration Lefty, did you want to just look at an Ally, or buy one? If you want to purchase one, I'd suggest ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LG Ally Release Date Pushed Back

I understand your frustration Lefty, did you want to just look at an Ally, or buy one? If you want to purchase one, I'd suggest you do so at the Verizon website. Much better price than what you'll see in stores. Don't know which store you called, but all of them should at least have a demo phone you can look at.

Lefty, i hear you i've been going around to stores trying to get one too...i was told they should be out in stores today but who knows because they also said it would be in store the 20th, 26th, and so on. I'll let you know if i have any luck.

Am I missing something here? Why don't you order the phone from the Verizon website?

To JohnDroid or whoever is administratively in charge of lgallyforums,

Your front-page poll of what-phone-do-you-use does not include the LG Ally ...

somehow this doesn't seem reasonable.

THIS topic (Ally release date pushed back) shouldn't be at the top of your topics

(Seeing as I am posting this from an Ally that I received one week later than the first

people to order them received theirs) ... this seems to be a great time for a new lead

topic reflecting their bulk arrival in customers' hands.

Your text box for posting comments is too wide by 1/3 it should end (Ally width) HERE |

(Given that it is a forum for the Ally, unlike HowardForums, you aren't obliged to be

generic ... and side-scrolling the entire browser while typing feels strange ... perhaps

you can set the smaller text box only when a Droid-browser or other overtly mobile

User calls up the page (simple javascript should take care of that))

Quote Originally Posted by marcus531 View Post
    THIS topic (Ally release date pushed back) shouldn't be at the top of your topics

(Seeing as I am posting this from an Ally that I received one week later than the first

people to order them received theirs) ... this seems to be a great time for a new lead

While it may be true that some people have received their Ally in the mail, you still cannot go into a VZW store and walk out with one. They are not in full release yet.

Hi marcus, thanks for your suggestions. Each time someone leaves a new posting, it "bumps" that topic to the top of the list in that forum. If no new postings are made it "sinks" to the bottom of the topics list. You are certainly welcome to start a new topic concerning availability of the Ally, or any topic you'd like.

I understand your comment about the text box size, and that's a very good idea. That is something that JD would have to address, and I'll sure bring that to his attention. He welcomes input such as yours from the members.

To JohnDroid or whoever is administratively in charge of lgallyforums,

Your front-page poll of what-phone-do-you-use does not include the LG Ally ...

somehow this doesn't seem reasonable.

Your text box for posting comments is too wide by 1/3 it should end (Ally width) HERE |

(Given that it is a forum for the Ally, unlike HowardForums, you aren't obliged to be

generic ... and side-scrolling the entire browser while typing feels strange ... perhaps

you can set the smaller text box only when a Droid-browser or other overtly mobile

User calls up the page (simple javascript should take care of that))

The regular skin here isn't made by be Ally compatible, however you can choose to use the mobile skin and see if that works better for you.

If you want to write up a front page news article on the Ally that would be great... I can use all the help I can get

As for the poll, that was created before the LG Ally was out, so I can add that choice in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi marcus, thanks for your suggestions. Each time someone leaves a new posting, it "bumps" that topic to the top of the list in that forum. If no new postings are made it "sinks" to the bottom of the topics list. You are certainly welcome to start a new topic concerning availability of the Ally, or any topic you'd like.
    I understand your comment about the text box size, and that's a very good idea. That is something that JD would have to address, and I'll sure bring that to his attention. He welcomes input such as yours from the members.

Minty: When you go to the actual front page of this website, not inside any forum ... http://www.lgallyforums.com/

(the first place a completely new-person-to-the-site will hit), you see:

in the Center column: the contents of the forum "LG Ally News" ...

* Welcome to LGAllyForums.com (this one is pinned to the top)

* LG Ally Release Date Pushed Back

* LG Ally Review

* LG Ally Pricing & Hands on Pictures

* LG Ally Launch Date Released

So I'm merely suggesting that *something* positive (like "VZW shipping Ally since May 27") should be posted as a new topic by the admins to the "LG Ally News" forum (I'm guessing that only JohnDroid is allowed to create new topics in "LG Ally News")

JohnDroid: "They are not in full release yet" ... hmm ... ok, but "first impressions matter", so new or on-the-fence people (like those I demo my Ally to on a daily basis) should be hit with positive news as the first thing they see if at all possible.

Of course, I'd particularly love it if you were announcing that the Ally would get the Froyo 2.2 release before the MotoDroid

BTW: someone from your engineering or other technical dept should *really* try an image-quality/accuracy test between the Ally and MotoDroid ... as impossible as it seems, I could see better details on maximum zoom from the Ally 3.2mp camera than on my wife's MotoDroid 5mp camera (resolved details on 2"x3" US flags at 15 feet, shots taken seconds apart on each camera, didn't change my feet-position ... Ally can resolve all stripes, MotoDroid over-compressed or under-resolved and only saw 3R2W ... and MD was on max-res, best quality setting)

So I'm merely suggesting that *something* positive (like "VZW shipping Ally since May 27") should be posted as a new topic by the admins to the "LG Ally News" forum (I'm guessing that only JohnDroid is allowed to create new topics in "LG Ally News")

JohnDroid: "They are not in full release yet" ... hmm ... ok, but "first impressions matter", so new or on-the-fence people (like those I demo my Ally to on a daily basis) should be hit with positive news as the first thing they see if at all possible.

Of course, I'd particularly love it if you were announcing that the Ally would get the Froyo 2.2 release before the MotoDroid

BTW: someone from your engineering or other technical dept should *really* try an image-quality/accuracy test between the Ally and MotoDroid ... as impossible as it seems, I could see better details on maximum zoom from the Ally 3.2mp camera than on my wife's MotoDroid 5mp camera (resolved details on 2"x3" US flags at 15 feet, shots taken seconds apart on each camera, didn't change my feet-position ... Ally can resolve all stripes, MotoDroid over-compressed or under-resolved and only saw 3R2W ... and MD was on max-res, best quality setting)

Marcus,

We expect the community to help us with the site.

If you want to do a review of the camers, please do so, that would be great.

If you have an idea for an article for the front page, write one up and send me a link to it and I'll move it to the front page news section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links