[Quick Review] T-Mobile Galaxy S II

This is a discussion on [Quick Review] T-Mobile Galaxy S II within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The Samsung Galaxy S II has been available in Europe for ages now, and recently, it made its way down to us patient Americans on ...

Thread: [Quick Review] T-Mobile Galaxy S II

[Quick Review] T-Mobile Galaxy S II

The Samsung Galaxy S II has been available in Europe for ages now, and recently, it made its way down to us patient Americans on T-mobile's network. This new T-mobile Galaxy S II is one heck of a device with an improved battery capacity, bigger screen, and faster processor over its brothers on other networks, but is it really a great phone?

Lets take a look at this new T-mobile super-phone, and give it a quick review.

Overview:
    Let's start where it really matters --the hardware. The device has a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED Plus display. This screen, while not high resolution, looks quite amazing and is incredibly responsive to every touch. The phone comes with an incredibly fast dual-core 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon processor. Thanks to this amazing speed, the device outperforms every other phone I have ever used at every turn. The camera is quite incredible, but sadly the software for it is really a let down. Every hardware feature of this phone is quite amazing, and top of the line, which contributes to the high cost of the phone.

The user experience of the device is also impressive. While the phone is a little hard to hold, it does offer great features. Thanks to the large screen, you can watch movies on the Super AMOLED Plus displays for hours without straining your eyes. The fast processor makes browsing the web, multitasking, and running power hungry programs an easy task. The software for the camera is the only let-down I had with this device.

The overall experience with this phone is quite nice, and I am glad I made the choice to buy it over the Amaze 4G.

Here's the breakdown:

Good:

• Premium feel
    • Fast processor
    • Nice screen
    • Fast 4G
    • Development community backed

Bad:
    • Expensive even on contract
    • Battery life (Big screen sucks battery)
    • No hard camera button

Ratings:

10/10: Speed and Multitasking
    9/10: Camera Quality
    10/10: Browsing Experience
    9/10: Music Playback
    10/10: Network
    8/10: Pricing
    9/10: Overall Rating

Would I buy it?

Yes, I would buy it, and I did. The phone was launched just a few weeks ago and was the first phone to run on T-Mobile's new and faster HSPA+ 42MBps network. The device has a huge Super AMOLED Plus display, and an 8MP camera; it has everything you would need and more.
    Recommend it?
    Yes; if you are in the market for a device that's fast, has a large screen, and don't mind charging it quite often, you've found it. This takes the top spot on my list of best available devices.
    Last edited by dgstorm; 10-28-2011 at 11:13 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links