Actual Facebook Phone Being Developed With HTC - Called the "Buffy" (Vampires Beware)

This is a discussion on Actual Facebook Phone Being Developed With HTC - Called the "Buffy" (Vampires Beware) within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Earlier in the year we had several rumors about different devices from several manufacturers that were going to come out as the new "branded" Facebook ...

Thread: Actual Facebook Phone Being Developed With HTC - Called the "Buffy" (Vampires Beware)

Actual Facebook Phone Being Developed With HTC - Called the "Buffy" (Vampires Beware)

Earlier in the year we had several rumors about different devices from several manufacturers that were going to come out as the new "branded" Facebook focused phone. Some of those rumors turned out to be false intel, some turned out to be only a minor collaboration with Facebook, and still others even got the manufacturer in hot water with Facebook for licensing issues. As it turns out, Facebook actually is working directly with someone to create a truly social network integrated smartphone that will carry the Facebook branding, and they have chosen HTC.

This phone is internally codenamed, "Buffy." Yes, that is the same name as the Film and TV show vampire slaying character from Joss Whedon. According to reports, Facebook CTO Bret Taylor, has been working on this for over a year, but they are still 12-18 months out from the phone actually coming into existence. The company wouldn't comment directly on the subject, but a spokesperson had this to say,
    “Our mobile strategy is simple: We think every mobile device is better if it is deeply social. We’re working across the entire mobile industry; with operators, hardware manufacturers, OS providers, and application developers to bring powerful social experiences to more people around the world.”
    It's not surprising that they chose HTC, because they were the manufacturer that was actively courting Facebook and putting forth the most effort to create a Facebook phone. They even went to the trouble of putting a Facebook button on the Salsa and the ChaCha phones that released earlier this year. However, their plan with Buffy will integrate friends and social activities much deeper into the mobile interface. In fact, Taylor himself astutely pointed out at an industry conference earlier this year, “Mobile devices are inherently social.” It will be interesting to see what they finally come up with.

Source: AllThingsDigital
    Last edited by dgstorm; 11-22-2011 at 11:07 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is quite interresting and amusing.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I wonder what the privacy will be like on this phone -- if it's anything like the website it'll force you to use the speakerphone all the time and will read all your texts and e-mails aloud whenever you open them.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

No fbm it takes everything you do and sends a duplicate to homeland security and the fbi.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Sounds good to me. Sign me right up!

Sent from a ROMMED NookColor.

Hey fuzzy, ever notice how we both usually travel down a rabbit trail?

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Maybe we just like the fur?

Quote Originally Posted by pori000 View Post
    Android is unlike any other mobile development platform or Java-based environment. *Triple Bottom Line’s Android webinar *will immerse students in the Android platform, leveraging their existing Java expertise, and allowing them to walk away from the class ready to build Android GUIs and related components.On the first class you will write your first Android Activities. Through the rest of the week you will be progressively introduced to more and more of what Android has to offer – services, multitouch, and system search services. You will apply this knowledge with working code every step of the way. Be ready to work hard and learn a lot in this intensive, hands-on, five day introduction to programming with the Android platform.
    As far as software platforms and programming goes java and android are horrible. Now, I have android and support it. It is the least secure and has the most issues. I am not here to dispute anything or sway anyone away from android. I just know from my own programming experience and my experience with having android,win phone, and ios devices;my android has the worst battery life and force closes apps or the os locks up... A Lot!

But, I LOVE MY ANDROID PHONES! Im just a techno freak though. :D
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 12-08-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links