This would be a remarkable coup, if it runs out to be true. A source within the industry indicates that Samsung may actually launch a Retina-resolution tablet in February of next year. This will be ahead of Apple's next iPad which was supposed to be the first tablet device with a Retina-display. The tablet that Samsung will supposedly introduce will have the following impressive specs:
- Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich
- 11.6 Inch Display with a massive 2560 x 1600 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio
- A dual-core Exynos 5250 CPU clocked at 2GHz - Which will be very competitive and slightly similar to the A6 CPU coming in the next iPad
- A special feature called "Android Beam" for easy syncing of media with a Galaxy Nexus
- Also a special wireless docking mode for gaming on HDTVs to help Samsung compete with Apple TV, AirPlay and others
The above pic is likely just an artist's render at this point, but the tablet is likely to be announced during Mobile World Congress, in February of next year. We will keep a watch on this one for more info or pics.
Source: AndroidTablets.net via BGR