Asus Rocks CES with a Bevy of High-Tech Android Devices
Asus came out of the gates with style at CES this morning, sporting three different highly advanced Honeycomb based Tablets! They are the Asus Eee Pad MeMO, the Asus Eee Pad Slider and the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. We teased about these previously, here, but now we have the juicy details. First in line was the Asus Eee Pad MeMO that will retail for $499-$699 starting in June. It of course includes Android Honeycomb, and the following additional specs:
The second is a bit juicier (and heavier at 2.2 pounds), The Asus Eee Pad Slider, which will be available in May for $499-$799 . Interestingly, it comes with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It also has Android Honeycomb and the following features:
- 7-inch tablet with 600x1024 pixels of resolution
- A dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm 8260 chipset
- A 5 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 1MP front cam.
- An HDMI Port (probably able to output in full 1080P HD, although unconfirmed)
- It comes with a capacitive stylus with Media Note and Painter apps.
Finally we have the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. It also has a physical keyboard, but in a detachable form with a trackpad. Aside from that, the rest of it's specs are the same as the Eee Pad Slide. It does come with a keyboard dock that runs a spare battery, which doubles the battery life from 8 hours to sixteen when docked. The Eee Pad Transformer will cost $399-$699 in April.
- 10" IPS displays with 800x1280 pixels of resolution
- A nVidia Tegra 2 processor
- A 5MP camera with LED flash plus a front cam
- An HDMI and USB ports and is just half an inch thick
- Offers the option for 3G connectivity
These are some awesome looking devices, and we will keep you informed if any details change!
01-05-2011 01:12 PM