Dept. Of Justice Approves Google-Motorola Deal

This is a discussion on Dept. Of Justice Approves Google-Motorola Deal within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The Department of Justice gave its seal of approval to Google’s proposed takeover of U.S. cell-phone maker Motorola Mobility on Monday, just hours after European ...

Thread: Dept. Of Justice Approves Google-Motorola Deal

Twitter
    wwickedd

Dept. Of Justice Approves Google-Motorola Deal

The Department of Justice gave its seal of approval to Google’s proposed takeover of U.S. cell-phone maker Motorola Mobility on Monday, just hours after European regulators also gave the deal clearance.

The $12.5 billion acquisition positions Google to move into the device market and potentially into more direct competition with companies like Apple.
    Google wants to own the hardware to pair with its Android operating system for smartphones, and could use the acquisition to protect patents as well as to develop other devices such as home gaming systems.

“The combination of Google and Motorola Mobility will help supercharge Android,” Google’s Don Harrison said in a blog post earlier in the day. “It will also enhance competition and offer consumers faster innovation, greater choice, and wonderful user experiences.”

The European Union earlier on Monday approved the deal, which still needs the approval of regulators in several other countries, including China.

Source: Reuters

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    jfhrtn
    Thats actually kinda nice to hear Google will hopefully be the owner of the hardware that pairs to the Android software. I'm defiantly looking forward to seeing where Google could possibly be taking the phone market as I still love my trusty Droid 2. I hope they can make phones as tuff as this one has been
    Droid 2/Liberty 2.0.1/Oc'ed/1.3ghz
    Visit our sister site Droidforums.net for more info

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Quote Originally Posted by 252chevyboyz View Post
    Thats actually kinda nice to hear Google will hopefully be the owner of the hardware that pairs to the Android software. I'm defiantly looking forward to seeing where Google could possibly be taking the phone market as I still love my trusty Droid 2. I hope they can make phones as tuff as this one has been
    Definitely a good marriage. Looking forward to UNLOCKED Moto phones! Hope it happens!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links