Google and Other Advertisers Agree to Support 'do-not-track' Button in Browsers

This is a discussion on Google and Other Advertisers Agree to Support 'do-not-track' Button in Browsers within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The internet search behemoth and everyone's favorite Android creator, Google, has joined a consortium of over 400 companies called The Digital Advertising Alliance. The coalition ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cali

Thread: Google and Other Advertisers Agree to Support 'do-not-track' Button in Browsers

Google and Other Advertisers Agree to Support 'do-not-track' Button in Browsers

The internet search behemoth and everyone's favorite Android creator, Google, has joined a consortium of over 400 companies called The Digital Advertising Alliance. The coalition of companies has agreed to support a "do-not-track" button in browsers, so that the amount of information that advertising companies can gather from users who activate the button will be greatly limited. The feature has already been implemented in Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, and will be added to Google's Chrome by the end of the year. Even though the feature was already implemented within those other browsers, it was of limited functionality because advertisers and tracking companies had not yet agreed to abide by it.

The button will restrict the data that websites can collect about a user through cookies when it is activated. The 400 companies, including Google, that have agreed to the standard will begin adopting it within the next nine months.

Source: BGR

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think its good news, but Google should take a decision about android push ads, because of now some android apps looks like adware. So i hate apps that have push ads.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDroid View Post
    I think its good news, but Google should take a decision about android push ads, because of now some android apps looks like adware. So i hate apps that have push ads.
    There are sites that I have learned to avoid due to the abundance of ads. Prefer no ads, but when the entire page is dominated by ads, instead of a reasonable few, in a reasonable area on the page, a real turn-off.
    CoolDroid likes this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links