Droid X2 Will Not Receive Ice Cream Sandwich

This is a discussion on Droid X2 Will Not Receive Ice Cream Sandwich within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; In a letter to a Droid X 2 customer who made a Better Business Bureau complaint, shows that the DX2 will not be being seeing ...

Thread: Droid X2 Will Not Receive Ice Cream Sandwich

Droid X2 Will Not Receive Ice Cream Sandwich

In a letter to a Droid X 2 customer who made a Better Business Bureau complaint, shows that the DX2 will not be being seeing the Ice Cream Sandwich that is expected to roll-out to a variety of Verizon's Droid handsets. The message in it's entirety reads:

Dear Ivan,

I am responding to the complaint you filed with Better Business Bureau regarding our Droid X2 model phone. I reviewed your recent case notes and it is noted that you received information from Motorola regarding Bootloader unlock and Ice Cream Sandwich.

We are working to balance the operator requirement for security to the end user, while supporting the developer communities desire to use these products as a development platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable bootloader currently found on Motorola XOOM on other devices, where carrier and operators will allow it. This process is requiring a good deal of consideration and technical infrastructure and we have no announcements to make at this time for unlocking any devices.

Droid X2 is not on our list of devices that are slated to get Ice Cream Sandwich, but that does not mean it is not continuing to get support. Though it will remain on Gingerbread it is eligible for software updates if itís determined that any are needed.

Thank You,
    Dorothy Hodges
    Corporate Consumer Advocacy Office
    Perhaps it's the "low" amount of RAM that the X2 shipped with, but whatever the reason it is sure to be a letdown to X2 owners. 6 month old Android smartphone not being upgraded to the latest and greatest is quite a letdown in Android land. Droid X2 owners sound off. Were you expecting the upgrade, and how does this leave you feeling with Motorola?

Via: Phonearena

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    ktklein72
    This is both sad and pathetic. I have so much to say but I'm so disgusted I'm just not going to waste my time - not like it will change anything... Bla.

Motorola/Sammy/ASUS and ICS

Personally, I feel that both Motorola and Samsung are biting themselves in the rear with the non desire to update their line to ICS. Firstly, ICS supposedly uses less resources than GB, and utilizes the GPU better as well. If other companies can upgrade devices that are a few years old, then why cannot Moto or Sammy do the same? Both have had access to ICS for almost as long as Google, so there should be no issue.

If they feel that if people are able to update their phones, they won't be getting new ones, take a look at other platforms... It just doesn't happen. ASUS is where I am looking now. They seem to have a clear goal, and they are quick to update their products all the same. I have a GalaxyTab 10.1 and my wife and son have the OG Transformer, and they have been updated for about a month, meanwhile Sammy tries to decide if they want to, or not.

Sammy should have had all the SGSIIs updated ASAP, as soon as ICS was released. The Nexus S, a no brainer. It is a Nexus phone, and should be updated as well. Even if there is a way to set it back. Also, did I read that the Droid Razr is not getting updated? How sad is Moto and Sammy?

My next phone and devices will be ASUS. I like their vision, and they are backing it up all the way. They are proving that they want the action, and I hope Google gives them the nod for the next Nexus.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links