2 Californians Sue Google Inc. Over 15 Minute Return Policy

This is a discussion on 2 Californians Sue Google Inc. Over 15 Minute Return Policy within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Two Android phone users from California who purchased alledgedly defective products from Google’s Play Store have filed a lawsuit, saying the company’s 15-minute refund window ...

Thread: 2 Californians Sue Google Inc. Over 15 Minute Return Policy

2 Californians Sue Google Inc. Over 15 Minute Return Policy

Two Android phone users from California who purchased alledgedly defective products from Google’s Play Store have filed a lawsuit, saying the company’s 15-minute refund window is unfair. Dodd Harris says he purchased Learn Chinese Mandarin Pro for $4.83 while another, Stephen Sabatino, says he bought a bit-torrent application called aBTC for $4.99. They both claim the phone applications didn’t work and that they were unable to obtain a refund a short time later. The two men are seeking damages for every California resident who purchased a "defective" Android app, claiming it’s wrong for Google to pocket a 30% commission on faulty products. The Play Store, previously the Google Market, had a 48 hour return policy but was changed in 2010.

Is the 15 minute return window unfair, or should Google just get rid of the policy and follow in Apple's footsteps and make all sales final, thus leaving no leeway for the consumer?

Via: Paidcontent

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Yeah 15 minutes is too short IMO. They need to extend it to at least 1 hr.

Some apps are too complicated to be assessed in 15 minutes. I bought the TSF launcher and it took a couple of days for me to be sure what worked, what didn't work and whether or not it was worth keeping the launcher-especially for that much money.

BTW, I kept it and though it initially had glitches they've mostly been fixed and the launcher is a joy !

Takes me more than 15 minutes to even figure out the phone is on sometimes! So, for people like me, an hour or longer really would be more appropriate.

I think they should have a trial version of it and if the full version does not work like the trial then it should be a refund regardless of time. The only company that takes no responsibility for anything they have or are a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    I think they should have a trial version of it and if the full version does not work like the trial then it should be a refund regardless of time. The only company that takes no responsibility for anything they have or are a part of.
    Not a bad idea. Especially if the trial apps for the "Paid only" apps were hidden and could only be accessed from the paid app's info.

For the time limit on the return 12 hour would be more reasonable. That would enable testing of functionality such as background refresh that occurs less often than an hour. I wouldn't vote for an all sales final model. One of the many reasons the app store sucks.

I agree with a 1 hour return policy....15 min is way too short.

**tap'n**

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links