Samsung Has Already Sold 5 Million Galaxy Notes to End Users

This is a discussion on Samsung Has Already Sold 5 Million Galaxy Notes to End Users within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; This is a surprising trend. Apparently, Samsung actually sold over 5 Million units of their "phablet", the Galaxy Note. Keep something in mind about that ...

Thread: Samsung Has Already Sold 5 Million Galaxy Notes to End Users

Samsung Has Already Sold 5 Million Galaxy Notes to End Users

This is a surprising trend. Apparently, Samsung actually sold over 5 Million units of their "phablet", the Galaxy Note. Keep something in mind about that number too. Samsung has confirmed that this is actual devices sold to end users, not just the number of shipped devices. A lot of people wrote off the Galaxy Note as a strange fad that couldn't possibly take off because who would want to hold a 5.3" phone up to their ear. Apparently, there are 5 Million people okay with that.

In fact, at its highest rate, the behemoth phone sold over 1 Million in just one month. Obviously, this isn't nearly as successful as the Galaxy S line of phones or the iPhones from Apple, but you still can't dispute that selling 5 Million units of anything is a huge success. This is compounded by the fact that the device is not cheap. Samsung deserves some praise for another successful product launch.

So, what do you guys think of this growing huge phone fad? What is the ideal sized phone for you?

On a separate note: above is a pretty neat commercial of an elephant playing with a Galaxy Note. It even had me wondering if it was a CGI effect.

Source: TechCrunch

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you ever seen someone holding one of these up to their head? C'mon.... it looks ridiculous. If you're going to buy something like that then at least get a BT headset or even a wired headset. I'd rather have a 7" or even 10" tablet with phone capabilities stashed in my bag and be able to use a BT headset to answer the call without having to bother with the device.

I'm still a fan of the 4" screen. I have a 4.3" TBolt now and I miss the 4" screen on my Fascinate.

The Samsung Galaxy Tablet is one of the most widely sought tablets on the market.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links