Update/Correction: It appears that the name will not actually be the HTC EVO One as reported earlier. The actual name of the device will simply be the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
It looks like some of the rumors were true, and some weren't. Also, the pics were accurate. Here is the official release of the newest flagship phone on Sprint, the HTC EVO One (based upon the HTC One X core, with some aesthetic changes and a few feature improvements). Here's a final spec tally followed by the press release:
- 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 pixel Super LCD display
- 4G LTE
- 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera with a bright, f/2.0 aperture lens and backlit illuminated sensor for superior low light capabilities
- Beats Audio integration
- Qualcomm's dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor 1.5GHz
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- The first smartphone in Sprint's lineup to support the carrier's new HD Voice service that promises to offer fuller, richer sounding voice calls with diminished background noise
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC's new Sense 4.0 interface
- Advanced camera interface that allows users to take full resolution pictures while recording full 1080p video
- microSD card slot
- 2000mAh non-removable battery
The EVO One will be available for pre-order on May 7 for $199.99. While the battery size is a bit smaller than the rumors, and the looks are a bit polarizing, the specs are over-all pretty beastly! What say you guys?
Source: Sprint and HTC EVO One Full Press Release