Editor in Chief
Acer Iconia A500 Now Has Root: Full root for A500 ICS 4.0.3[LEAK]
Some folks over at XDA have been able to root the Acer Iconia A500, and have shared the juicy details. The root is not without its hiccups, so make sure you read the full thread to get all the ins and outs before trying. It could save you an hour or two. Here's some instructions and a download link:
Download link: Acer Iconia A500 ICS Root
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS 4.0.3[LEAK] for A500.
2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!
This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
PS: Command "mount -o remount,rw /system" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
Thanks to our tipster, RobKort!
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Acer Tablet site @ http://www.AcerTabletForum.com.
Source: AcerTabletForum via XDA
04-27-2012 11:40 AM
-end of line-