Battery Life Tests for the Samsung Galaxy S III Look Almost as Good as Some Tablets

This is a discussion on Battery Life Tests for the Samsung Galaxy S III Look Almost as Good as Some Tablets within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The folks at GSMArena did some battery testing with the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S III just to see how efficiently the new ...

Thread: Battery Life Tests for the Samsung Galaxy S III Look Almost as Good as Some Tablets

Battery Life Tests for the Samsung Galaxy S III Look Almost as Good as Some Tablets

The folks at GSMArena did some battery testing with the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S III just to see how efficiently the new 4.8-inch screen and quad-core 4212 Exynos processor perform. The results were quite promising and were almost as good as some Android tablets. The first test they performed measured the 3G talk time of the device, which clicked in at an impressive 10 hours and twenty minutes. The next test was the web browsing, which came out in the middle of the pack with just over 5 hours of continuous use. The final test they performed was video playback which lasted a minute over 10 hours. This was absolutely incredible and should make traveling a little more bearable. To put it in perspective, the SGS3 came in 2nd place in this test, and was only beaten by the Droid RAZR Maxx, with just over 14 hours of continuous video playback.

In fact, according to their combined average score, the phone can conceivably go up to 43 hours before needing a charge, if you only have about an hour of web browsing, video playback, and 3G Talk time usage during that time. That's pretty stellar overall, and bodes well for the new phone, even before it is released. Who wants one now?

Source: GSMArena

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    If only VZW would get the quad core!

The Galaxy S3 has all the earmarks of being a *super* phone. I'm interested in picking one up in the fall. Thanks DG!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Impressive, but I'm gonna skip on this one since I have the One X. But I can see me going home into the Nexus on the next phone.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links