Samsung Galaxy Chat; Candy-Bar QWERTY Keyboard Android Phone

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Chat; Candy-Bar QWERTY Keyboard Android Phone within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Even though this phone is not headed to the USA, it is being released in some other important markets internationally so we thought it would ...

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Chat; Candy-Bar QWERTY Keyboard Android Phone

Samsung Galaxy Chat; Candy-Bar QWERTY Keyboard Android Phone

Even though this phone is not headed to the USA, it is being released in some other important markets internationally so we thought it would be interesting to share with you. This phone harkens back to the days of yore when the candy-bar design QWERTY keyboard were all the rage. It's called the Samsung Galaxy Chat, and it is quite the Blackberry killer (as if they really needed to be kicked while they are down). Still, we can't blame Samsung for tapping every market available, and this is an intriguing device.

The phone pairs a 3-inch QVGA screen with a candy-bar design QWERTY keyboard along with some decent specs. Additionally, the word is that this phone will also get LTE at least in some version of it. What do you guys think? Anyone out there miss their candy-bar keyboards?

Be sure to check out our dedicated section for more discussions on the Galaxy Chat. You can fit it here: Samsung Galaxy Chat.

Source: SlashGear

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't miss the candy bar keyboard because I have one (Motorola Admiral) but I do miss the selection that used to exist. Aside from some of Motorola's options in the US, there is no decent Android candy bar smartphone option. I'd be more than willing to have a Samsung Galaxy siii and sacrifice some of the screen for a keyboard. My Admiral needs to retire soon-- it's getting ultra slow.

My first Android phone was the original droid - nice phone, but I *hated* the physical keyboard after two days of use. Solution: Find a decent software keyboard (Better Keyboard was my choice) and then proceed to ignore the existence of that other keyboard for the entire time I used the OG Droid.

I still have the OG Droid (as a retired keepsake), and Better Keyboard is still my keyboard of choice, two and a half years later.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links