OUYA to Get Human Element Prequel Exclusive

This is a discussion on OUYA to Get Human Element Prequel Exclusive within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Not only did the OUYA get a phenomenal investor's response within the first week of it's hitting Kickstarter, it also is getting some fantastic backing ...

Thread: OUYA to Get Human Element Prequel Exclusive

OUYA to Get Human Element Prequel Exclusive

Not only did the OUYA get a phenomenal investor's response within the first week of it's hitting Kickstarter, it also is getting some fantastic backing from a pretty big name in games, including a big exclusive. Robert Bowling, the ex-head of Creative Strategy on Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty franchise, issued a statement recently that he plans to release an episodic prequel to Human Element, and it will be an exclusive on the OUYA Android gaming console. It certainly looks like the OUYA project is off to a fast start! You can see his announcement in the video above, and here's a quote with some additional details,

Robert Bowling has made it clear that this “episodic prequel” to Human Element made for OUYA will set the stage for the full Human Element in a few short years. For now, this will be the first ever release by the company Robotoki, a game developer company headed by Bowling.
    The OUYA Kickstarter project is over $5 Million and counting!

Source: SlashGear and Kickstarter - OUYA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

interesting! Although i don't know whether Ouya will really be successful. I personally think Android games are made to be played on handheld devices. Being a console gamer, I see no way that Ouya games can match the level of graphics or plot depth and details of traditional console games. Thus, Ouya becomes something like an in-between; neither here nor there. And if game developers want to create games that can graphically match those on say, the PS3, the price will go up too. And it'll be no different compared to the titles already present on the PlayStation Store. I'm sure it'll be very useful to game developers but personally, it's just not something that I'd buy. There's also the problem that the Ouya might be playing a catch-up game if Tegra 4 is released at about the same time that it is released on the market. Nevertheless, i'm looking forward to seeing what kind of games there are on Ouya! Maybe my perception of the machine will change.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links