Lenovo's IdeaPad A2109 Gets a Weak Rating in New Review

This is a discussion on Lenovo's IdeaPad A2109 Gets a Weak Rating in New Review within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; If you are shopping for a new wallet friendly Android tablet right now, you might want to steer clear of the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109. It ...

Thread: Lenovo's IdeaPad A2109 Gets a Weak Rating in New Review

711 times

Lenovo's IdeaPad A2109 Gets a Weak Rating in New Review

If you are shopping for a new wallet friendly Android tablet right now, you might want to steer clear of the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109. It just got a fairly poor review overall in a new review. There were a few things they liked about the device, including its performance, build quality and battery life; however, the main complaint they had was the "bottom of the barrel" display. They were left disappointed and felt that the Google Nexus 7 was still a much better device for less money. Here's a quote with the wrap-up, and you can read the whole review at the source link below.

Sadly the screen here makes this a tough sell and hard to recommend. The Nexus 7 for $50 less is certainly a better choice, and if youd like the larger screen Id wait another month and snag the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD. In the end we wanted to like this tablet, and in a way we did, but the compromises far outweighed the low price. For the average user or first time tablet buyer this could be a good choice, but wed still recommend the ASUS Nexus 7.
    If you are one of our users that have this device, or have checked it out, give us your thoughts so we can all make an informed decision.

Source: AndroidCommunity

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have Just bought this tablet for my son and overall I can say its very good value for money.

Its main pluses are its performance and specification.

I immediately upgraded to their Jelly Bean ROM (custom rooted version with bloat-ware removed) and my initial experience has been excellent.
    I root all my devices and I'd recommend a custom ROM here but it is not a straight forward process. But if you are up to it there are guides already and you will be getting rid of a lot of useless apps imo.

The Build quality is very good, its very solid feeling device to hold and very clean looking. The micro sd-card is hidden under a cover on the back and it is not designed to be pulled off and replaced very often.
    The USB port supported my host cable I had laying around and while the volume buttons feel pretty good the power button is a little spongy but you soon learn when its pressed or not.

The Screen is not its strongest feature, in fact its a budget component. The viewing angles are not amazing but I've seen worse (I own a Pixel Qi Notion Ink Adam!). If you plan on watching a lot of films on your tablet then this is not the one for you thanks to the fact the screens colour inversion and fading is exaggerated during dark scenes. Increasing the brightness fixes this in most situations.

The specification of the tablet differed in a few areas from the unit I have for example the E-compass is not implemented. I'm sure its physically on the chip but it does not work on any ROM I have used on it.
    The ROM I am using actually has a max CPU speed of 1.3Ghz rather than the 1.2Ghz advertised (I didn't check the stock ROM's max speed) and the touch screen actually has 10 points of touch rather than the advertised 4!

This device is on display in Best Buy in the US and Most PC World/Curry's branches in the UK so go and have a look for yourself. The things you can't try out in a shop such as battery life, stability and community support are all very good with this device. Lenovo owners love their devices and their forum's are filling quickly with content for this one. If you can convince yourself the screen isn't "too bad" then it is excellent value for money.

If you would like any more information on what its like to live with this device then please comment and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    519 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links