Worst Bill Shock Ever: Closeout Phone Bill Fee of 11.721 Quadrillion Euros

This is a discussion on Worst Bill Shock Ever: Closeout Phone Bill Fee of 11.721 Quadrillion Euros within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Here's a "funny" story that is off-topic when it comes to Android stuff, but is still phone related. How would you like to open up ...

Thread: Worst Bill Shock Ever: Closeout Phone Bill Fee of 11.721 Quadrillion Euros

Worst Bill Shock Ever: Closeout Phone Bill Fee of 11.721 Quadrillion Euros

Here's a "funny" story that is off-topic when it comes to Android stuff, but is still phone related. How would you like to open up your final phone bill and find that you would be charged $15.141 quadrillion dollars to cancel? That's exactly what happened to Solenne San Jose, a resident of Pessac, France, who was trying to closeout her phone account. An accounting printer error added "a few" zeros onto her actual charge. The number ended up being 11,721,000,000,000,000. That's 11.721 quadrillion euros which coverts roughly to the number in US dollars above.

This number is so absurd I can imagine the lady either dying of a heart-attack on the spot, or laughing herself into an insane asylum. What is really hilarious (and also quite disturbing) is that initially, even though this was obviously an error, she was told that the fee couldn't be waived. Luckily the story didn't end in death or an institution. The error was corrected down to a much more palatable 117.21 Euros. Just to share some clarity on just how stooopid this amount really is, this number is 200 times the total amount of currency in circulation in the world at this time.

Source: TheAge

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, I always feel like that picture when I get a closing bill with an early termination fee. I know how she must have felt, especially after they initially said that the figure stood.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links