Samsung Galaxy S III Smokes The Competition in Web-Browsing Battery Tests

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy S III Smokes The Competition in Web-Browsing Battery Tests within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; If you are a person who spends a lot of time browsing the web on your smartphone, then you would be wise to consider the ...

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S III Smokes The Competition in Web-Browsing Battery Tests

Samsung Galaxy S III Smokes The Competition in Web-Browsing Battery Tests

If you are a person who spends a lot of time browsing the web on your smartphone, then you would be wise to consider the Samsung Galaxy S III. According to a new study by Which?, the Galaxy S III easily crushes much of the competition in a battery web-browsing test. In the study, the SGS3 scored a 349 minutes of browser time, and the Sony Xperia S scoring the closest with a 276 minutes. The HTC One X came in third with 226 minutes, while the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 were far behind with 208 and 200 respectively.

Keep one thing in mind about this study. One phone was notably absent from the testing that would likely have changed the results of this race. That phone is the Motorola RAZR MAXX with a 3300 mAh battery and 21 hours of rated talk time. Of course, regardless, it's still a pleasant surprise to see how efficient Samsung has made their flagship device. What do you guys think? Do these statistics jive with your experiences of the device, or do you think they sound exaggerated?

Source: S3Forums via Which?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Battery backup has always been a problem with me as I do web browsing a lot on handsets. Samsung Galaxy S3 has good battery backup but I ca't go for it now as I am already looking for Note2 . Hope that helps.

Weird,gsmarena said that the iphone 5 can do 9 hours of web browsing...I find it hard to believe tho.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links