Apple Slapped by UK Court; Given 48 Hours to Rewrite Samsung 'Apology'

This is a discussion on Apple Slapped by UK Court; Given 48 Hours to Rewrite Samsung 'Apology' within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Just last week Apple posted their online "apology" letter to Samsung. They were ordered by a UK court to acknowledge that Samsung did not copy ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cali

Thread: Apple Slapped by UK Court; Given 48 Hours to Rewrite Samsung 'Apology'

Apple Slapped by UK Court; Given 48 Hours to Rewrite Samsung 'Apology'

Just last week Apple posted their online "apology" letter to Samsung. They were ordered by a UK court to acknowledge that Samsung did not copy their designs and ordered to host it on the homepage of their website. Unsurprisingly, the letter they posted was hard to find, and was written in a snide and condescending manner. Rather than sincerely acknowledging what the courts asked them to, they talked about how the Samsung tablets were "not as cool" as the iPad, and they also included references to their other victories across the globe in which Samsung was found to have copied. They even published the statement on an unbranded page with a small link from the homepage. This was basically a slap in the face to the UK court's ruling, and it seems that the court is not too happy about it.

The UK court just found that Apple was in "non-compliance" and ordered them to create a new statement that complies with the order. Apple complained that they would need at least 14 days to draft such a letter, but the judges basically slapped that argument down. Judge Jacob said he "cannot believe" that it would tale that long. He also said, Im at a loss that a company such as Apple would do this. That is a plain breach of the order.

Apple's 14 day request was denied, and they were given 48 hours to comply with the order. They will also have to leave the new statement on their home page until December 14th, and they must publish notices in U.K. newspapers and trade magazines with details of the ruling.

Source: Bloomberg

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I like this.
    AndroidIsTheTruth likes this.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I like this.
    As do I, not so much so that I can't stand Apple antics, but the fact that I'm tired of all the favoritism and landish lawsuits, patent trolling, and above the law persona of Apple. That statement was one of those, "yeah but he did it too" remarks. I applaud the courts not allowing them to give "14 days" to "correct technical difficulties". They just don't want it to hurt their sells during the holidays seasons. Even though it's in the UK, the statement is still felt across over here.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links