Google May Be Considering Becoming a Wireless Carrier; In Talks With Dish Network

This is a discussion on Google May Be Considering Becoming a Wireless Carrier; In Talks With Dish Network within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Here's an intriguing bit of news for this Friday morning. According to some industry intel, Google is engaging in some "casual" talks with Dish Network ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dgstorm
  • 1 Post By AndroidIsTheTruth

Thread: Google May Be Considering Becoming a Wireless Carrier; In Talks With Dish Network

Google May Be Considering Becoming a Wireless Carrier; In Talks With Dish Network

Here's an intriguing bit of news for this Friday morning. According to some industry intel, Google is engaging in some "casual" talks with Dish Network about potentially becoming a wireless carrier. If true, the implications of this begin to boggle the mind as the imagination runs wild. Can you picture a "pure" Google device, unfettered by the excessive restrictions of the big carriers like Verizon and AT&T? Sounds pretty good doesn't it?

Of course, the source of this news report (The Wall Street Journal) also shared that these talks are nowhere near any official stages yet, and is more like a friendly sit down chat over morning coffee. In fact, they also reported that Dish Network was having some of the same discussions with AT&T on the subject. However, AT&T doesn't have the $45 Billion in cash like Google. For now we can chock this one up as a potential "dream come true scenario" and wait to see what happens.

Source: Phandroid
    UltraDroid likes this.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Not sure I would want to leave AT&T after being with them for over 10 years, but AT&T was a lot friendlier in pricing back then. No so much now a days. Truly a money hungry company, but I love the service, I can't lie. To jump ship and leave for this would not be something I'd want to do immediately. I can only imagine the piles of bumps in the road before this became smooth.

With that being said, I'm all for going this route if they actually establish something.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links