Judge Koh Pleads for 'Global Peace' Between Apple & Samsung; Apple Remains Defiant

This is a discussion on Judge Koh Pleads for 'Global Peace' Between Apple & Samsung; Apple Remains Defiant within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The Apple and Samsung appeals battle in Judge Lucy Koh's courtroom just kicked off again. This time, Judge Koh started by pleading for "global peace" ...

Thread: Judge Koh Pleads for 'Global Peace' Between Apple & Samsung; Apple Remains Defiant

Judge Koh Pleads for 'Global Peace' Between Apple & Samsung; Apple Remains Defiant

The Apple and Samsung appeals battle in Judge Lucy Koh's courtroom just kicked off again. This time, Judge Koh started by pleading for "global peace" between the two parties. After getting some laughter from the courtroom over this request, she reiterated, "I'm not joking... it would be good for consumers and good for the industry."

Samsung's lawyers shared that they would be "willing to talk." Unfortunately, and perhaps unsurprisingly, Apple remained defiant. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Apple thinks that the over a billion sum it was awarded in a judgment was merely a “slap on the wrist” for Samsung, and does not stop there.

Apple once again slammed Samsung’s designs, saying they are purposefully on the edge to get away from legal trouble.
    Of course, after this response, Samsung resumed their incensed stance and accused Apple of “competing through the courts rather than the marketplace.” After this exchange, it was simply back to "business as usual" for the two feuding factions, and the saga continues...

Source: PhoneArena

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Maybe Samsung needs to increase exponentially the price of EVERY component they manufacture for Apple. Parts that cost $50.00 a piece, would now go for $875.00 a piece. Don't wanta pay that much? Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 12-08-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    It's a bird
    I love Samsung
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Maybe Samsung needs to increase exponentially the price of EVERY component they manufacture for Apple. Parts that cost $50.00 a piece, would now go for $875.00 a piece. Don't wanta pay that much? Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back.
    They likely cannot do such a thing due to FRAND agreements. Samsung makes some of the best digital viewing screens in the world, and not to mention that we are talking about two different parts of Samsung's corp. The LCD side that provides screens for the iPhone is not what Apple is fight. They are fighting Samsung Mobile, which while under the same name, are likely two separate companies. I do not know for sure. But either way, just because one side of the business is in battle, does not mean the other side has to be hurt. Samsung benefits from every iPhone that goes on sale.

I respectfully disagree - there HAS to be a way for Samsung to retaliate against Apple. Retaliation is as American as apple pie (no pun intended) and pay-backs are a perfectly acceptable way of doing business.

Okay. Say Samsung retaliates...what good does that do for Samsung? Retaliate and lose a large portion of your business because the number 1 selling smartphone in the world no longer has your LCD screen in it? They might do more than just screens for the iPhone, but in what business world does it make sense to screw over one of your largest cash cows?

Revenge is a dish best served piping hot.

It's what the retaliation does to Apple that's important. They either pay the exhorbant price (and pass the cost on to their customers), pay the price and lose a ton of money by NOT passing it along, or say no - walk away - and be forced to use substandard screens and other parts, thereby enraging the Apple fanboys.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 12-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.

I think the best approach is for Samsung to keep doing as they are... The iPhone bashing commercials are GREAT!!! Perhaps Samsung needs to emphasize that iPhone users who continue to purchase iPhones because of the nice display quality they actually need to thank Samsung.......

The commercials are indeed great, but Apple is the one who started this money thing, and the solution (retaliation) that I suggest would hurt Apple in the pocket book.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    I think the best approach is for Samsung to keep doing as they are... The iPhone bashing commercials are GREAT!!! Perhaps Samsung needs to emphasize that iPhone users who continue to purchase iPhones because of the nice display quality they actually need to thank Samsung.......
    I agree. Sit next to an iPhone fan boy (not just any user, but a fan boy) while watching those commercials. I find them funny as well.

One of my roommates has an iPhone, and iPad, and until recently, and Mac Book Pro. He loves the Samsung commercials. The only reason he doesn't move to Android is because he's invested. Fine with me, he has played with all of the phones I have owned: Atrix 4G, Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and the Galaxy S III. He's fan of Android beam among other features and thinks that Samsung makes a great phone.

Most people don't know that Samsung makes the Retina display or any of the other displays for the iPhone. They don't care. As long as their product works, they are happy.

They just need to work it out. Apple will fight for the sake of fighting. Samsung has the power to fight back (unlike HTC), so more power to them. I think they need to kiss and make up, come to some type of non-court resolution for the problem at hand. Otherwise, iPhone users and Samsung users are going continue to fund the court cases.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links