Samsung Reveals Galaxy Grand Mid-Range Phablet with Dual-SIM Support

This is a discussion on Samsung Reveals Galaxy Grand Mid-Range Phablet with Dual-SIM Support within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; If you thought that Samsung would stick with the Galaxy Note series to cover the phablet market they created, then you would be mistaken. Apparently, ...

Thread: Samsung Reveals Galaxy Grand Mid-Range Phablet with Dual-SIM Support

Samsung Reveals Galaxy Grand Mid-Range Phablet with Dual-SIM Support

If you thought that Samsung would stick with the Galaxy Note series to cover the phablet market they created, then you would be mistaken. Apparently, they are bringing out a new mid-range device to cater to this growing consumer base. It is called the Galaxy Grand and has some similar, yet slimmed down features to the Galaxy Note series. Here's a few:
    • 5-inch TFT display
    • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
    • 8MP rear camera
    • Samsung’s TouchWiz UI (with additional features like "Popup Play for picture-in-picture video viewing as well as S Voice and enhanced gesture support.")

At first, the device will be available in Asian markets, and will be available as the dual-SIM GT-I9082 followed later by a standard single SIM GT-I9080. In case you aren't sure what a dual-SIM is, here's a quote with the details,

The GALAXY Grand will be available in two versions – The Dual SIM version (GT-I9082) will launch first and the single SIM version (GT-I9080) will follow. For the dual SIM version, its innovative dual SIM feature provides total communication flexibility, allowing users to manage two phone numbers from a single phone. It is possible to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other, ensuring efficient management of personal and work commitments without ever missing a call. Dual SIM also offers the flexibility of selecting different billing plans for either SIM, switching between them to make the most of cheaper call and data plans.
    Source: SamsungTomorrow

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Ads