T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

This is a discussion on T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; It looks like T-Mobile is getting "very aggressive" in more ways than one. First up, they announced at CES this week they are planning a ...

Thread: T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

It looks like T-Mobile is getting "very aggressive" in more ways than one. First up, they announced at CES this week they are planning a massive network improvement as they move to 4G LTE. This of course comes hot on the heels of their previously announced "Unlimited 4G Data Plans Without a Contract." Their new plan attempts to offer an affordable monthly Unlimited data option, while simultaneously eliminate subsidies and contracts from the equation. This year we will see how many folks jump ship to give it a shot.

This isn't the only way they are getting aggressive though. Apparently, they are getting heavy in the "smack-talking market" as well. In the video above you can see their CEO, John Legere, call AT&T's network "crap." The moment of the speech where this occurs happens shortly after the 2:05 mark, and is pretty funny.

It's perhaps unexpected to see this much bravado from the fourth place carrier in the market, yet perhaps some of it is warranted. Between the fact that T-Mobile's parent company, Deutsche Telekom, recently announced a massive multi-billion dollar investment into T-Mobile, coupled with their upcoming merger with MetroPCS, perhaps the company has a right to be a little cocky. Regardless, it's great for consumers to see this kind of competition fostered.

Source: TMoNews

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I used to have one account with ATT and one account with T-Mobile at the same time. I did notice that whereever I went, the T-Mobile reception was always better. However, I never thought that it was a whole lot better. Nevertheless, it is nice to see the rivalry, especially considering T-Mobile escaped 'assimiliation' awhile back.

Also, T-Mobile is a *GSM* carrier, so I certainly wish them well on that front!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links