[RUMORS] LG Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.7 with Tegra 4 & Higher Res Displays at Google I/O

This is a discussion on [RUMORS] LG Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.7 with Tegra 4 & Higher Res Displays at Google I/O within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The rumor-mill is amping up already this year. The latest "intel" suggests that LG will again build the next Nexus smartphone, the Nexus 5. Supposedly, ...

Thread: [RUMORS] LG Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.7 with Tegra 4 & Higher Res Displays at Google I/O

[RUMORS] LG Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.7 with Tegra 4 & Higher Res Displays at Google I/O

The rumor-mill is amping up already this year. The latest "intel" suggests that LG will again build the next Nexus smartphone, the Nexus 5. Supposedly, this new Nexus device will come with some greatly improved specs. Here's a breakdown:
    • 5" Full HD screen
    • NVIDIA Tegra 4
    • 2 GB of RAM
    • 13 MP camera
    • 3 MP front-facer
    • 8 or 16 GB of storage (price for the 8 GB versions to start at $299 again)

On top of this rumor, there is another one that LG will also be making the next Nexus tablet. Supposedly it will be the Nexus 7.7 and feature the following specs:
    • 7.7-inch 1920x1200 resolution (294ppi)
    • Tegra 4
    • 8 GB & up storage
    • Front and rear HD cameras

Finally, this rumor also claims that these devices will be officially announced at Google I/O in mid-May.

Recently at CES, LG's Senior Vice President James Fisher said, "Through our collaboration with Google, we launched the LG Nexus 4 smartphone. This is the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company." While this seems to be an indirect hint at the above possibilities, we are still not convinced that these rumors are at all accurate. While it is possible that Google worked out a multi-device deal with LG for several Nexus devices, the fact that LG has been having supply issues (despite their denial) with the Nexus 4 would suggest that Google would be wiser to look elsewhere. Furthermore, so far Google's pattern tends to move the Nexus devices around to different manufacturers almost every year and device. Share your opinion.

Source: PhoneArena

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From the standpoint of features, WOW - that N5 is loaded! For the quality and availability, hard to say. If Samsung would just cancel all of their contracts with Apple they would have ample production facilities to handle the manufacturing of a Nexus 5, as well as throwing a serious monkey wrench into Apple's ability to deliver quality products to their fanboys...so I'd like to see the production of the next Nexus go back to Samsung with the stipulation that they sever ties with Apple.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Nexus 5 is very good for use.

Quote Originally Posted by xiashang123 View Post
    Nexus 5 is very good for use.

It hasn't been released yet, so I'm not sure what you're basing that statement on.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links