[Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

This is a discussion on [Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; To say we have been anxiously awaiting any new intel regarding the "Motorola X Phone" that was rumored last year is a huge understatement. Luckily, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bazar6

Thread: [Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

[Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

To say we have been anxiously awaiting any new intel regarding the "Motorola X Phone" that was rumored last year is a huge understatement. Luckily, our hidden friends in high places within the industry haven't let us down.

We have some new "rumint" today regarding the super-hot phantom device, and we just couldn't wait to share it. We want to preface this with the disclaimer that we have not been able to find any secondary corroboration for this news, and the source is not the most solid we have used, but the content of the rumor seems very plausible. For the sake of possibilities and potentialities we thought it worth-while to offer it for your perusal. Here's what we have heard:
    • The new Motorola X Phone will be a 5-inch device, but the display will be edge-to-edge, and nearly bezel-free. This means it will actually look and feel smaller than a Samsung Galaxy S III.
    • The X Phone will not be a Nexus device. However, while this may initially bring unhappiness to some, apparently this phone will be Motorola's first cross-carrier (hence the X-name) branded phone, free from the tether of Verizon. It is designed to be it's own new hyper-competitive brand.
    • Additionally, the Moto X-Phone will be the first device to ship with Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie and will be announced at the same time as the next mobile OS during Google I/O later this year.
    • Finally, while this will not be a Nexus device, supposedly, Motorola has been working hard to create a UI that both compliments & enhances the Android experience, and is intended to be Nexus-like. Additionally, they are working on a variety of software add-ons to improve the functionality of the device further, much like several of Samsung's software features, like S Beam for example.

Again, please take this rumor with a grain of salt, because we couldn't find any other info across the web to back it up; however, if it is just a fan-boy's imaginings, it seems very logical and well-developed. In fact, it's even possible that many or all of these ideas could hit the mark directly, and that is why we brought it to you guys. If any or all of this intel turns out to be true, Motorola may just end up shaking up the industry again, just like they did with the original Droid back in the beginning. It looks like "X" marks the spot for an exciting treasure in 2013!

Thanks for the tip anonymous!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

That would raise some interesting dilemmas for those of us who love Nexus phones. Which one to get??
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    That would raise some interesting dilemmas for those of us who love Nexus phones. Which one to get??
    True. I'd like to go Nexus, but I'd have to at least consider this one.
    When rooting your device, preparation makes all the difference.

Re: [Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

OK, soo... I can see VZW both liking and hating this phone... They'll like it because it isn't a Nexus phone (they'd probably jump up and down at that news actually), but I don't see them playing nicely with the "cross-branded" aspect of it... It always seems like they want their phones to be as different from the other carriers as possible (look at the whole "Droid" platform)...

GNex'd using Tapatalk 2
    UltraDroid likes this.

Ads