Supposedly Leaked Factory Photo Reveals Monster 6.44-inch Sony Phablet

This is a discussion on Supposedly Leaked Factory Photo Reveals Monster 6.44-inch Sony Phablet within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The trend toward reverse-vertically-challenged phone/tablet hybrids seems to be picking up more steam. Not only is Samsung & Huawei supposedly working on ginormous 6.x-inch and ...

Thread: Supposedly Leaked Factory Photo Reveals Monster 6.44-inch Sony Phablet

Supposedly Leaked Factory Photo Reveals Monster 6.44-inch Sony Phablet

The trend toward reverse-vertically-challenged phone/tablet hybrids seems to be picking up more steam. Not only is Samsung & Huawei supposedly working on ginormous 6.x-inch and larger phablet devices, now it looks like Sony may get in on the act too. As you can see in the pic above, a bezel for a new Sony device is being displayed in a factory photo-op. The device measures out at 6.44-inches, which seems to "inch" closer toward a tablet than a phone. Supposedly, according to the source of the leaked pic, this will be the display for a new 1080p Sony smartphone/phablet. Of course, it could be a big fraud too, which happens from time to time on the interwebs.

Sound off: real or fake? If it is real, would you want such a device?

Source: Engadget

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Android Jr Member danesusername's Avatar

Re: Supposedly Leaked Factory Photo Reveals Monster 6.44-inch Sony Phablet

That's way too big for me. I'm perfectly content with the size of my Galaxy S3. I even have to stretch my fingers a little bit from time to time to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Any bigger, and I wouldn't be able to function with it. As it is, this phone barely fits into some of my pants pockets. With a phone that big, I'd have to either carry it everywhere by hand or resort to getting a man purse to carry it in (an idea I'm not particularly fond of).

Ads