Is HTC Becoming Delusional? HTC Exec Claims Their Phones Have Samsung "Worried"

This is a discussion on Is HTC Becoming Delusional? HTC Exec Claims Their Phones Have Samsung "Worried" within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Is it possible to become so desperate that you become delusional? That's a valid question after you have read some recent comments from n HTC ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By CR6
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: Is HTC Becoming Delusional? HTC Exec Claims Their Phones Have Samsung "Worried"

Is HTC Becoming Delusional? HTC Exec Claims Their Phones Have Samsung "Worried"

Is it possible to become so desperate that you become delusional? That's a valid question after you have read some recent comments from n HTC HTC North Asia President Jack Tong. Mr. Tong recently commented that the HTC J Butterfly, aka the Droid DNA, is so successful around the globe it has caused Samsung to make "fewer moves." He further exaggerated with, “This means HTC has the ability to make Samsung worried.”

Ummm... yeah, how's that logic working out for you HTC?

While we freely admit that the J Butterfly/Droid DNA is a remarkable phone, and has seen solid success, it's really hard to find any valid reason to agree with Tong's argument. He basically commits at least two logical fallacies, including a Non Sequitur, and a Post Hoc Argument. Here's a quote with a few more of his "not so brilliant" statements,

"As long as we can meet the strong demand in the local market, we'll be able to see 'a golden cross' of the sales figures of the two popular products by the end of January," Tong said Thursday.

HTC had got a strong boost from the "unexpected" sales and hoped to keep up with the sales momentum, Tong said, joking that "we can call it 'the butterfly effect.'"

He added that his company will do its utmost to "make precise decisions, unveil eye-catching products and set a higher standard, leaving the rivals far behind."
    Considering that both Huawei and ZTE have surpassed HTC in global marketshare, his statements seem all the more preposterous. Having an optimistic outlook in life is always a good thing, but there does need to be some limits, otherwise you might end up in a psych-ward...

Between HTC's recent misstep with the developer community, and these grandiose statements, we have to wonder where HTC's mojo has gone. For quite some time many of us were happily rooting for them to make an "underdog come-back." Now we are just stupefied...

Source: FocusTaiwan

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

You're not alone DG. I own an HTC One X and I've been constantly puzzled from day one as to why HTC wasn't advertising the hell out of this really cool phone. It was released at the same time as the Samsung Galaxy S3 but look at the advertising for that phone compared to any of the HTC One family.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

re: Is HTC Becoming Delusional? HTC Exec Claims Their Phones Have Samsung "Worried"

They probably haven't been able to afford to advertise as much as they'd like being in their financial position lately. I'd like to see them make a comeback. The more high quality phones put on the market by different manufacturers, means more competition, means better technological advances. Win win for the consumer!

tap'n

Re: Is HTC Becoming Delusional? HTC Exec Claims Their Phones Have Samsung "Worried"

HTC did it once with the EVO 4G. I am not so sure they can do it again. I would like to see them succeed but I just do not have high hopes for them.

Tap'd from my 747 roc'n AOKP M1!!
    UltraDroid likes this.

Ads