Luxury Android Phone Vertu Ti RM-828V Arrives to Take Your Money and Test Your Sanity

This is a discussion on Luxury Android Phone Vertu Ti RM-828V Arrives to Take Your Money and Test Your Sanity within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; We love doing these stories. We just can't help ourselves. At least once or twice a year, some company brings out an Android smartphone, that ...

Thread: Luxury Android Phone Vertu Ti RM-828V Arrives to Take Your Money and Test Your Sanity

Luxury Android Phone Vertu Ti RM-828V Arrives to Take Your Money and Test Your Sanity

We love doing these stories. We just can't help ourselves. At least once or twice a year, some company brings out an Android smartphone, that seems purely designed to show just how rich & dumb some people really are.

Today's fine example comes from Vertu, which is a luxury brand of devices that was formerly owned by Nokia. It's called the Vertu Ti RM-828V, and is billed as a "luxury" smartphone. Of course, with that overly exuberant label comes an overly exorbitant price of at least 3000 Euros (roughly $4069 USD)! And, what does one get for this ridiculous sum of cash? Here are the details on this Nokia made device,
    • Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich,
    • Unspecified seized WVGA display (probably a 4-4.5-inch)
    • A dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon processor the same as in the Lumia 920 and 820
    • NFC
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
    • Bluetooth 4.0
    • A 1,250 mAh battery

Wow! Are you speechless yet? I guess it's kinda funny that it technically is the first Nokia Android phone (even if only indirectly), but I hardly think that qualifies as "great value." And, check out that battery... Yep, that aught to be good for a couple of hours of use. No other details were given to suggest why this phone deserves the price-tag. Perhaps the casing is made of some rare meteorite metal? Ah well. If you see one of your rich friends about to pull out their wallet for this device, please be kind and slap them silly.

Source: UnWiredView

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'd throw my Lumia 920 square dead at their head if they showed me that fugly thing. Then take a pic with my One X with him laid out on the floor phone in hand. They could atleast cased it in gold, titanium, or kryptonite for that matter.
    Androidfied.

Ads