[Rumor] World's First Bezel-Free Smartphone Maybe Coming This Year from China

This is a discussion on [Rumor] World's First Bezel-Free Smartphone Maybe Coming This Year from China within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Despite all of the intriguing rumors for the past year or so, for the most part we have yet to see a smartphone come out ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: [Rumor] World's First Bezel-Free Smartphone Maybe Coming This Year from China

[Rumor] World's First Bezel-Free Smartphone Maybe Coming This Year from China

Despite all of the intriguing rumors for the past year or so, for the most part we have yet to see a smartphone come out that was truly bezel-free. To be sure, some have come close, like the Motorola Droid RAZR M, but there was still a thin frame. You would think that all the big name manufacturers like Apple, Motorola, Samsung and LG would be racing to be the first; however, a new rumor from out of China today suggests a relatively unknown Chinese OEM company called BBK will beat everyone to the punch. The rumored device is called the BBK Vivio X3, and it has some pretty decent specs, besides having no bezel/frame on the sides:
    • Full HD Bezel-Free Screen
    • Quad-core S4 Pro CPU
    • 2 GB of RAM
    • Android 4.1 Jellybean
    • 13 MP rear-facing camera
    • 32 GB on board storage
    • 2,200 mAh battery

Despite the cool promise of a bezel-free design, we can see that the other specs are pretty nice, with the exception of that weak battery. The supposed front piece of the phone is shown above, and definitely looks like it fits the bezel-free design aesthetic. Still, if you check out the source of this news, they show a separate phone render that is not 100% bezel-free. What do you think? Is the desire for a frame-less device a dream that will continue to elude manufacturers until Samsung can finally perfect it's fabled flexible OLED tech? Regardless, we will be looking out for this one in the future, just in case it does come out with a completely bezel-free design.

Who knows? It could be the start of a new trend, or for all we know the pic above is a smaller piece of some other device.

Source: AndroidHeadlines

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: [Rumor] World's First Bezel-Free Smartphone Maybe Coming This Year from China

Personally I love the specs and I think the battery is pretty decent. My S3 has a 2100mAh battery that lasts all day on a single charge so I think a 2200 is more than adequate. Sure, one of the biggest complaints with today's smartphones is battery life, but I think the technology is definitely improving.
    As for "bezel free"....that's never been a concern of mine. I think it's just opening up the screen to a higher likelihood of chips and cracks. Until they come out with a true crack resistant glass, manufacturers are only opening themselves up to more warranty claims by releasing "bezel free" phones. While scratch resistant glass has gotten better over the years, we all know the Gorilla Glass that is currently on the market is less than ideal when it comes to being shatter/crack resistant.
    Just my opinion...

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links