CloudOn Launches Version 4.0, Bringing Increased Productivity to Android Smartphones
CloudOn now lets users create, edit, review and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations on the world’s largest smartphone platform
Palo Alto, Calif. – (February 21, 2013) – Today CloudOn, the global leader in mobile productivity, is launching version 4.0 worldwide. CloudOn has completely optimized Microsoft Office for Android smartphones, with additional productivity features to provide the most user-friendly experience in creating, reviewing, editing, sharing and accessing information about documents from your phone.
Bringing continued innovation to the productivity space, CloudOn is bringing the same functionality of its iPhone app to Android phones, the largest smartphone platform across the globe. Always listening and responding to its vibrant user base, CloudOn has also added in highly requested features to version 4.0 such as landscape mode for easier viewing and revisions. Beyond simply optimizing Word, PowerPoint and Excel, the Android app provides users with contextual tools and additional editing options to make files more like living documents and less like individual cells.
Available for Android phones including the Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S II Skyrocket, CloudOn continues to be the leading global productivity company with 3.5 million downloads to date.
For the first-time ever, CloudOn comes to Android smartphones with the following features:
· Android Customized Ribbon: The Microsoft Office ribbon is tailored to the Android screen, so touch-based functions like selecting font size, turning on track changes or creating a table are dead simple for users across all editing options.
· CloudOn FileSpace: A FileSpace is a place to add notes and view all activity on a single file, including edits, for real-time updates on documents.
· Support for both Portrait and Landscape view: View documents in either portrait of landscape mode, for easy editing on the go
· Accessibility: Easily share files and view word, PPT or excel documents directly from your email, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive.
· Notes: Quickly and easily add notes to any Microsoft Office document on an Android. These notes can be shared and viewed by all collaborators.
“We are thrilled that CloudOn is now available across the entire Android ecosystem, and are excited to be able to reach more of our loyal customer base,” said CloudOn CEO Milind Gadekar. “In addition to bringing Microsoft Office to Android phones, we are excited to give our users a better way to create content, and also access the critical contextual information around documents as we continue to grow our productivity offering.”
CloudOn for iOS is available now for download worldwide. To download CloudOn for the iPhone, iPad or iPad mini, visit: http://itunes.apple.com/app/cloudon/id474025452
CloudOn for Android is available now for download worldwide. To download CloudOn for Android tablets, visit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cloudon.client
To learn more about CloudOn, visit: CloudOn | brings Microsoft Office(R) to your favorite device
CloudOn is a Silicon Valley based startup improving mobile productivity. CloudOn makes it easier than ever to create, review, edit and share the documents you need on the devices you love. For more information visit: CloudOn | brings Microsoft Office(R) to your favorite device
, or follow us on Twitter @cloudoninc.