[Rumor] X Phone May Be Late; CFO states next device won’t 'wow by Goole's standards'

This is a discussion on [Rumor] X Phone May Be Late; CFO states next device won’t 'wow by Goole's standards' within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; We have some potentially depressing news to share today. It's possible the rumors suggesting a Google I/O launch of the Motorola X Phone could be ...

Thread: [Rumor] X Phone May Be Late; CFO states next device won’t 'wow by Goole's standards'

[Rumor] X Phone May Be Late; CFO states next device won’t 'wow by Goole's standards'

We have some potentially depressing news to share today. It's possible the rumors suggesting a Google I/O launch of the Motorola X Phone could be completely wrong. According to Google's own CFO, Patrick Pichette, when Google bought Motorola, they inherited an 18 month pipeline of devices that needs to be emptied first. He specifically shared the following,

"The case with Motorola is that we've inherited a pipeline. Motorola has a great set of products, but they're not really like 'wow' by Google standards. Dennis Woodside and his team have inherited 18 months of pipeline that we have to drain right now."
    This obviously implies one of two things. Either the X Phone isn't coming at Google I/O in May, or, if the X Phone is one of these devices still in the pipeline, it will not be the game-changer that we are all hoping it will be. Although neither of these outcomes is welcome, the previous one is probably a bit more palatable. I think most of us could agree that we would rather have the mythic X Phone take a bit longer to launch, then to come out and be a half-baked and unimpressive device.

Either way, if we can take his statements at face value it looks like we have a few more devices from the 18-month pipeline to wade through before Google actually hits the market with a true Google/Motorola device.

Share your thoughts...

Source: The Verge

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

I'm kind of sceptical about this X Phone, even if it would be a top phone, I doubt it'd stay so for longer than two months. Though, that's just a feeling I have. We have no info about the phone other than bragging how special it'll be. HTC's bragging didn't bring anything special. Plus, I'd hate waiting for it so long, I'll just grab the best suitable one that comes until May.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links