[Rumor] Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie Samsung Upgrade List Shows Good News & Bad News

This is a discussion on [Rumor] Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie Samsung Upgrade List Shows Good News & Bad News within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; It's USUALLY a good thing. LOL :what: I remember last year when the Ice Cream Sammich update came out for the Galaxy S2, it was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie Samsung Upgrade List Shows Good News & Bad News

Re: [Rumor] Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie Samsung Upgrade List Shows Good News & Bad News

It's USUALLY a good thing. LOL :what:
    I remember last year when the Ice Cream Sammich update came out for the Galaxy S2, it was a complete nightmare. It screwed up SO many people's phones, it was a disaster. The Galaxy forum blew up with people needing help/advice. It was a good 6 months before things died down over there regarding this botched update.
    It was a complete mess!
    Crazy part was, that was right around the time when most of our Rescue Squad guys had moved on to other phones and we had hardly anybody on staff to help out. Ultra Droid can vouch for this...he was right in the thick of it trying to calm everyone down while pm'ing past RS members for help... LOL
    (it still gives me nightmares) :D

tap'n

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: [Rumor] Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie Samsung Upgrade List Shows Good News & Bad News

I wish I'd seen something like this... :D This place is calm as an old western town after Clint Eastwood came in. XD I've heard the Galaxy Forum's been merged with Android.net, but I may be thinking of another forum...

Well, if the S 4 will have a similar issue with KLP, there are quite a lot of us there. :D
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Yeah, it was supposed to merge over here on March 1st but the Admins have been busy I guess and haven't gotten around to it. I'll try to get an update to see what the latest is.

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Hey PC! Good to see you again buddy!
    Never was really away as I have a lot of ff forums on tapa talk. Though I don't always respond because of not feeling the need I still keep an eye out. I'm curious what they will do with key lime pie maybe they will use it to finally bring chrome os together with android similar to how ICS brought tablets and phones together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Touch using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus is technically a Google phone not a Sammy so it will be up to Google to decide.

-end of line-
    I have a Sprint Galaxy Nexus, so I get my updates via Sprint. I'm always 2-3 months behind the GSM Nexus.

If I am wrong, I'm sure someone will point that out to me.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    Last edited by msndrstood; 03-22-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Yes, but as I said is up to Google not the carrier. Google does have to comply to the carrier in terms of bloatware and stuff the carrier wants in the "carrier locked" device, which explains why you are behind. But is Google who decides if a Nexus gets an update.

S3 Tapped...

I'm fine with stock JB 4.2.1, although i remember reading that 4.2.2 is coming to the Sprint Gnex. I'll have the Nexus 5 whenever it is launched, so I have KLP soon enough. Just hoping for more support for the Gnex. My NS4G was updated long past EOL.

via Gnex

You're always going to have to wait for a Google update on any CDMA Nexus device. It just shows the inherent incompatibility of Nexus and CDMA.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    You're always going to have to wait for a Google update on any CDMA Nexus device. It just shows the inherent incompatibility of Nexus and CDMA.
    I'm willing to wait since Sprint has the best signal in my area. I've been on all of the big three, and I don't see the point in paying more for the same signal strength from the other two. Not everyone has worthwhile GSM coverage. I would just like to know if the Gnex will eventually get KLP. I don't care who it comes from, or when; just is it coming?

If CDMA and Nexii are so incompatible why did my NS4G get JB past EOL? It seems that if it was such a pain for Google, they wouldn't have wasted the time, money and effort to push it out, since it had little or no benefit for them. Just saying.

via Gnex

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    No one really knows but Google and perhaps Sprint.

Though I believe the GNexus will get KLP.
    msndrstood likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links