Help with Rooting

This is a discussion on Help with Rooting within the Android Rooting forums, part of the Android Development category; Hello everyone! I enabled developer mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4, enable developer mode, enable USB Debugging, connected my phone to my computer. downloaded the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears
  • 2 Post By CR6

Thread: Help with Rooting

Android Lurker TheUnknownElement's Avatar

Help with Rooting

Hello everyone!
    I enabled developer mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4, enable developer mode, enable USB Debugging, connected my phone to my computer. downloaded the Samsung Galaxy S4 Windows drivers and installed them, downloaded Motochopper and proceeded to follow the instructions found at http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-g...#axzz2YaOGbRuD and the Motochopper said the rooting was successful, but when I download and run Titanium Backup which requires root it says that it was unable to access root, so I don't know if T-Mobile has the phone, so it can't be rooted, I did something wrong or something else. Please help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Did Superuser appear on your phone? See if you got the Superuser app after rooting, if it didn't, you're probably unrooted. If you did, you have to confirm Superuser rights to an app. If you followed the procedure correctly and it said it was successful, perhaps you didn't provide Titanium Backup SU rights? Try to download Root Checker and make sure you provide root access if the Superuser pops on the screen. If it doesn't, open up the Superuser app and check settings for automatic approval/denial of apps.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Yes Superuser appeared on my phone and in Titanium Backup I get this message "Asking for root rights" I don't get a popup asking me to grand root.

I still need help with this!

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    I'm sorry, I have very limited time, so forgive me if my replies may take too long. There are also a lot of people who need help as well in this and outside this forum, I'm trying to attend to as many as I can, though I can't attend to all.

Did you try doing as I told you? IF You followed the instructions correctly and Superuser app did appear on your phone, then it should probably be rooted. Try the app I suggested or a different root requiring app to make sure, if it doesn't work, go to the Superuser app's settings and disable auto-rejecting. See if Titanium Backup is among the rejected apps, if it is - approve it.
    CR6 likes this.
    Tears for Fears

Looks like Tears has you all fixed up, but I just wanted to mention if you need immediate assistance and/or can't find an answer here, you might check out our sister site set up specifically for the S4 at www galaxys4forums.net
    Good luck!

tap`n

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Looks like Tears has you all fixed up, but I just wanted to mention if you need immediate assistance and/or can't find an answer here, you might check out our sister site set up specifically for the S4 at www galaxys4forums.net
    Good luck!

tap`n
    Good idea, CR6.

Yes, you should check out the site, you may find useful things about the S4.
    Tears for Fears

sir, what is mean by rooting

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links