Wish To Root My EVO 4G.

This is a discussion on Wish To Root My EVO 4G. within the Android Rooting forums, part of the Android Development category; I hope you good folk don't mind my request for help in rooting my EVO 4G. I have searched, as best as time would allow, ...

Thread: Wish To Root My EVO 4G.

Wish To Root My EVO 4G.

I hope you good folk don't mind my request for help in rooting my EVO 4G. I have searched, as best as time would allow, for information on how to properly go about the 'rooting' procedure, but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.

It was elsewhere (yesterday) that I ran across some info mentioning that I needed to get 'Unrevoked', and to make sure that it was in the upper level (or something to that effect) of my phone's card. I took this to mean that I was supposed to marry my phone to the PC, via USB, and access its card in that manner. However, when the 'M' drive popped up (supposedly denoting my phone) all I received was notification that no disk was inserted in that drive. I consider myself to be of above average intelligence, but have to be honest and admit that I run somewhat of a deficit within the regards of tech issues .

It would mean more than I could express, if someone could lay out a blueprint - for the layman - on the steps, and whatever program I would need - to root my phone.

Also, (as my phone is just about 1-1/2 months into its warranty period) would reverting back to a non-rooted, factory stage be a difficult undertaking, if a need to revert was to be realized?

Advanced thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

San Jose CA.
    258 times
    Hi and welcome to Android.net!

I am not too familiar with rooting an EVO 4G, so here are some useful links you might want to try

Evo 4G root instructions are here! | Android Central

This one has a video tutorial How to Root the HTC EVO 4G with Froyo 2.2 [Video Walkthrough]

Good luck!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links