BlueMuze - P2P bluetooth music file transfer
BlueMuze, a bluetooth music and playlist sharing program, is now on the Android Market
You don’t have to be a fan of the movie High Fidelity to remember the 80s and 90s culture of making mixtapes for friends. (Though it was a great movie).
Handwritten lists on the back of cassettes, CDs adorned with sharpie titles — these things probably seem like distant memories in the digital age.
But our desire to share music that inspires us, that makes us laugh, that moves us, never left. It’s just the technology that surrounds how we interact with music, that has changed so rapidly.
BlueMuze aims to help bring back this ability. Transfer custom-made playlists, and the music files/MP3s that go with them, directly to your friends.
Select some songs, put them in the order you want, give your playlist a name, then send it to a friend.
You will only ever need the Trial version to receive music from someone else.
To send music, you can use either the trial or full version but the trial is limited to 60 days and to sending 7 songs at a time.
Thanks and please enjoy/post feedback/etc!
Last edited by alostpacket; 03-23-2011 at 01:04 AM.
02-28-2011 02:13 AM
This looks very promising. Will give it a try later tonight.
thanks bud still beta though so it needs a few more refinements but it's getting there
- New mini audio player for the Selection, Arrange and Bluetooth screens
- It should be much easier to preview music in order with the new mini audio player
- Complete rewrite of the Bluetooth reconnection code
- Connections should be signifigantly more stable now and able to recover much better from any disconnections
- Fixed rare bug with multiple dialogs popping up
Edit: Here's a screenshot of the new audio player and you can see it's #5 in the playlist order
Update to 0.9.5
- New 2-tier caching system for the selection screen
- Should get up to 90% faster loading times
Next up: some minor bugfixes and one more big feature will be added before release.
But please feel free to let me know any feedback or suggestions/questions/problems whatever! You can post here or email me through the market as always
BlueMuze 0.9.6 released: lots of bugfixes and bit of performance tuning for the drag and drop screen.
Will probably be one more feature added then 1.0 will be official in the next release or the one after.
- Lots of new features on the Arrange screen media player
- Move items to first, last, up, down or remove them
- This offers an alternative to drag and drop for arranging songs
- New feature to show selected only, deselected only, or all
- New feature where BlueMuze will better "remember" your selections from one screen to the next
- This should make it much easier to make selections, arrange them, and go back and change your selections without losing the order
- A few misc. bugfixes
Screenshots of the updated media player, and new selection options in the bottom menu:
- NEW: Transfer over Wi-Fi (full version)
- WiFi transfers can be 5-20 times faster than Bluetooth
- New Preferences
- Auto-disable WiFi when sending with Bluetooth
- Auto-disable Bluetooth when sending with WiFi (full version)
- This will make transfers for the free version and full version fast and more stable
- Hints now turned off by default, can be enabled in preferences.
- Reduced file size of the app
PLEASE NOTE: This is a require upgrade for continued compatibility
Due to adding the genre info in songs BlueMuze will no long be compatible with older versions
- NEW: Sort by and search by genre
- NEW: Playlist backup and restore to SD (BETA)
- Improved UI and graphics
- Improved reliability and stability, & security of WiFi connections (Full Version)
- Removed 60 day trial time limit. Trial does not expire now