[FREE] Daily 5 Facts
Every morning, I post five awesome facts on a particular topic so you can shine at the water cooler!
September 5th Topic: The Moon
- Scientists think that the Moon is a result of a giant impact betweem a Mars-sized object and the Earth blasting material into orbit around it, which accreted to form the Moon.
- Gravity on the Moon is only 17% of that of the Earth. You would be able to jump 6 times further and carry objects 6 times as heavy.
- From Earth, we always see the same side of the moon which represents only 59% of the moon's surface. The other side is always hidden.
- Because of a loss of orbital energy to gravity from the Earth, the Moon is very gradually moving away from the Earth.
- There is no erosion by wind or water on the moon because it has no atmosphere. Therefore, the astronauts' footprints should last at least 10 million years.
This App is Totally FREE, only in English for the moment.Encourage me to post new facts every day by rating this app!
Last edited by zerocool; 09-09-2012 at 01:26 AM.
09-09-2012 01:24 AM
Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing.