PDA

View Full Version : UMB for Nexus One

vin888
03-30-2010, 09:44 PM
I have the unlimited mobile browsing from bell which was included in my package, what are APN settings to use UMB for bell? Is this even possible?

Twitchy183
03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that bell will allow you to use mobile browsing. I think you will need to either add a data package to your current plan or switch to a smartphone combo plan. I'd check with them first to avoid surprise charges.

Bishop6
03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that bell will allow you to use mobile browsing. I think you will need to either add a data package to your current plan or switch to a smartphone combo plan. I'd check with them first to avoid surprise charges.

Correct!!

You will be forced to take / add a 'DP'.

Twitchy183
03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm stuck away from home at the moment, but my N1 is waiting patiently at home for me.

Just a heads up, according to a bell store in Ottawa if you are switching from a CDMA phone to 3G as I am, the sim card will cost $5 at The store. I thought "oh that's reasonable". She then proceeded to tell me there would be a $35 charge on my bill for the change, even though I'm doing it myself on their site.

Needless to say that won't be happening, I'm off contract so I have no issue telling bell where to put their service, but just a heads up about the charge (gouge).

fredgrigsby
04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I just transferred my Bell pre-paid plan from my old phone to my new N1.
The card cost me 5$ and the phone works great. With the plan i have i get unlimited mobile browsing. I would like to know how to set the phone to be able to browse.

Bishop6
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Do you have the 'APN' settings from your old phone, for the Nexus?

vin888
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
She then proceeded to tell me there would be a $35 charge on my bill for the change, even though I'm doing it myself on their site.

Needless to say that won't be happening, I'm off contract so I have no issue telling bell where to put their service, but just a heads up about the charge (gouge).

That is pretty wack. If they try to charge me, I'm gone.... I have a pretty good plan, but I think I can get a better plan from Telus through my work.

fredgrigsby
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I never used the browsing feature from my old phone. This is a pre-paid package that they don't offer anymore.when i went to change my plan online it told me i would lose my mobile browser if i continued, so obviously i stopped.
my apn settings on N1=pda.bell.ca
proxy=server:web.wireless.bell.ca
port=80

Thanx