PDA

View Full Version : Just got an iPad

Finesta101
04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
So I just got the apple iPad as a gift. Thing is awesome and has many cool features I can't wait to use. Anyone else got one?

wormbaby
04-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry, I would rather have a cheaper netbook. But shouldn't this be in off-topic anyway?

dd4005
04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
So I just got the apple iPad as a gift. Thing is awesome and has many cool features I can't wait to use. Anyone else got one?The one without 3G?

Admin
04-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I have an iPad and I love it. Don't forget to check out the iPad Forum (http://www.ipadforums.net) @ www.ipadforums.net
Also you can use wireless tether with the iPad and the N1!

Backnblack
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Wife has one here....Cool device.

Not sure of the $900 she spent on it tho....

ChiTmobileGuy
04-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I would rather have a cheaper netbook. But shouldn't this be in off-topic anyway?

You say this...but have you EVER had a ipad in your hands...played with it for at least a couple hours....once you do...you will see why buying one a tethering it to a nexus one gives you the BEST combination in this world. You get the performance and reliability of the Nexus One tagged with the apps and fund of the ipad...Free wifi tethering makes this combination ohhh sooo perfect!! I am in totaly love and dont think I could of had a better combination of 2 devices! Bye Bye Dell Laptop, Hello Ipad with wifi connecting to my rooted Nexus....soooooo in love!!!!

PS...10 hour battery!!! OMFG they rocked it with this one!!! The only people that actually talk smack about this product are ones who have never used it :dance:

kevin.mccollum
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I am thinking about getting an iPad but I have questions on how to "tether" it to a Nexus One. I will be using the iPad in an area where wifi is not available so internet access will only be available via my Nexus One and AT&T 3G. Do you simply attach the USB cable to the iPad and the other end of the cable to the Nexus One? Is there software to download or will it automatically connect the iPad to the internet?

ChiTmobileGuy
04-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I am thinking about getting an iPad but I have questions on how to "tether" it to a Nexus One. I will be using the iPad in an area where wifi is not available so internet access will only be available via my Nexus One and AT&T 3G. Do you simply attach the USB cable to the iPad and the other end of the cable to the Nexus One? Is there software to download or will it automatically connect the iPad to the internet?

My nexus one is rooted (Jailbroken) which means I can make it into a WiFi hotspot basically with a application. If your phone is not rooted, I would highly suggest it to take full advantage of wifi anywhere with your ipad...it rocks!!!

ChiTmobileGuy
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
BYe the way my service is with T-Mo if that makes any diff. I know there 3g is 100% better then ATT in Chicago, so I dont know what your wifi connection will be like regarding speed with att

bud760
04-13-2010, 01:47 AM
i'll wait for the google pad with a camera and flash :victory:

dimmakherbs
04-13-2010, 01:55 AM

You say this...but have you EVER had a ipad in your hands...played with it for at least a couple hours....once you do...you will see why buying one a tethering it to a nexus one gives you the BEST combination in this world. You get the performance and reliability of the Nexus One tagged with the apps and fund of the ipad...Free wifi tethering makes this combination ohhh sooo perfect!! I am in totaly love and dont think I could of had a better combination of 2 devices! Bye Bye Dell Laptop, Hello Ipad with wifi connecting to my rooted Nexus....soooooo in love!!!!

PS...10 hour battery!!! OMFG they rocked it with this one!!! The only people that actually talk smack about this product are ones who have never used it :dance:

Actually it EASY to say this without ever touching one.
The iPad is an ENTERTAINMENT device. The iPad isn't replacing ANYTHING, it is ADDING a device to your family, and Im not saying that is a bad thing Im just saying.
The only bashing I have is journalists and Apple claiming anything more. The thing is sweet for graphic novels, games, pictures (no camera is kinda wierd), and do internet stuff. But no USB, no CD/DVD access, no flash, no folders= no productivity. Hardly replacing anything.
If Google ends up with one as an Android device I would be interested in the way I could share apps and have a similar but expanded experience from my phone, much like iPhone users on the iPad but I would be buying full well knowing its not replacing my laptop.

kevin.mccollum
04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Can you provide me with a link to the APP that you would download in order to "tether" the N1 to the iPad or to a Laptop? From what I have been reading, the US Cell Phone Companies don't allow tethering and I cannot find any APPS in the Nexus Market Store.

TerribleTe67
04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
I had an Ipad but I sold it on Ebay for Double the money LOL (Its funny because its still available in some stores, Ebay is filled with Hypebeast)

The thing is useless for me, Its like my daughters Ipod Touch but bigger. my Sony Laptop is what I'm sticking with, it does everything the Ipad can do but more, plus it caters to me better, I use my built in Web cam and I do alot of Video and Music editing and the Ipad is not capable of the degree of editing and producing I do, plus no Flash.

But in now way am I bashing the Ipad or Apple, I love the Mac Book I had, I just don't see the reason for this product to be in my possession.

Nobby
04-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Can you provide me with a link to the APP that you would download in order to "tether" the N1 to the iPad or to a Laptop? From what I have been reading, the US Cell Phone Companies don't allow tethering and I cannot find any APPS in the Nexus Market Store.

If you are un-rooted your best bet is "PDANet" from the market that installs both on the device and the machine you want to tether with although I'm not sure about compatibility with the IPad OS or any Apple for that matter.

Rooting and installing Cyanogens newest miracle (ROM) will enable a stock USB internet sharing that should work just by enabling and plugging it into your IPad and for Wireless & Bluetooth tethering i would recommend "Wireless Tether for Root Users" but im not sure where i found that so i will have a look around for it :(

ChiTmobileGuy
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM

Once you root your nexus and use cyanogen mod you will see the application in the same place all your others apps are. Works perfect

If you Google "cyanogen nexus one" for his website and you can get all the info you will need to do it:bike4_smilie:

android8282
04-21-2010, 07:51 AM
OMG, DID U?..WELL YOURE GUNNA LOVE THIS , A MUST SEE!!

YouTube - IPHONE 4G FOUND AGAIN!!!!!